iRacing, New Broadcasters LSRTV, More coverage

So some know I run 2 cars in a League and have TMN Logos on them as what a better place to spread the word then some place where your internet speed and latency is equal if not more important to success.

Our league Broadcasted our races last year on a smaller company which this year purchased the rites and merged with two huge broadcasting companies so now on Mondays and Thursdays were on on LSRTV which is livesimracing.com.

I do not get anything from this but  a cool truck and cup looking car and just thought I would remind everyone in case anyone is interested in watching Sim racing some time.

I will update this post prior to the Monday race and Thursday race at Milwaukie Speedway with the links :)

One last sort a off topic question?? I see I started using TMN back in 2009 ( I thought it was earlier could be wrong) When did TMN officially start anyway :) For some reason I was thinking 2001-2003 possibly no idea where I came up with that year just was in my head.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:48 AM, spudler_t said:

I will update this post prior to the Monday race and Thursday race at Milwaukie Speedway with the links

Cool, I'd love to check it out, post up the links when they're available.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:48 AM, spudler_t said:

One last sort a off topic question?? I see I started using TMN back in 2009 ( I thought it was earlier could be wrong) When did TMN officially start anyway :) For some reason I was thinking 2001-2003 possibly no idea where I came up with that year just was in my head.

I started the domain TestMy.net in 2001.  But my speed test pre-dates TestMy.net, going back to 1996.  The original domain name was lost because I couldn't afford to pay for it -- maybe I just forgot to pay for it -- somewhere around 2003.  WebArchive surftohere.com year 2000 --- membership / usernames started in 2004.

Ya I seen the way did not do a very good job of showing my car or the Logos on it, Though I guess I can expect that as I have missed some of the cup races , the truck though I have not missed any.

I'm sorry I thought I posted my car is the #333

I'm also the #333 in truck.

It is kinda Ironic how I had to give up positions as to not wreck the #40 car 5-6 different times for his driving tactics then he ends up winning and I  get 7th.

Thing is that kind of stuff is what i'll remember next time and maybe won't be so giving, It just takes a Minor bump at Corner entrance to cause the car in front to push wide allowing to to easily pass underneath without wrecking them.

Ill work on getting some better pics, Just realized I usually save the replays and upload to you tube but rarely get a 360° set of pictures of car or truck sitting still.

iRacing.com Simulator 4_19_2020 10_51_50 PM.png

Tundra Custom number.jpg

Here are 2 quick Pics I got of the Testmy.net Tundra I'll be running tonight at Michigan, I have a practice I am getting ready to do ( Just waiting for USPS they are supposed to Deliver a 15 " 1500 Watt 4 Ohm Sub and I cannot hear door if I have my headphones on I use for racing LOL)

I will get a few more pics at better angles during practice to share to really show how the truck looks.

2020-05-13 15-40-53_0.jpg

2020-05-13 15-41-10_0.jpg

@nanobot You should look up the iRacing Youtube channel as well as LSRTV on Youtube as they have all sorts of races Broadcast from, Dirt Midgets, Winged Sprints, UMP as well as the Coca Cola iRacing Pro Series and misc Road course stuff too.

I hear quite a few people talk about it like it is a arcade game or so on, But in reality they have done a great job with making the tracks look and feel exactly like the real world ones as well as working the telemetry and physics to be as close to real as possible ( Obviously there is not the G forces or the wind nor the possibility of injury if you wreck)  but it still takes a lot of commitment to practicing etc. to even be close to competitive.

Some of the races I have done I have ran 5-8 Times the laps of the race to fine tune my setups and get so I can hit my marks each lap etc.

I have put in on occasion 4 to 5 hours practicing to run a 1 hour race.

Here is the you tube link to Tonight's (Thursday) broadcast and I am running the #333, This is open setup series so I hope I spent enough time massaging my setup to run up front.

North West Truck Series race at Michigan Via iRacing and LSRTV

Dang almost forgot Race grid is at 9:00 PM PDT The broadcast starts at around 8:45 PM PDT

Edited by spudler_t
Forgot start time

I sure hope you all missed that race it was horrible, first after qualifying I loaded the wrong setup so I was about .5 to .75 slower then I should be, almost had that worked out but forgot to shut my door to my room all the way and my cat decided she wanted to climb in my lap to take a Nap (which she does on occasion), she got tied up in wheel and caused me to crash then when I yelled at her to get down she freaked out and decided to go under desk where my cables are and got tangled in HDMI and unplugged monitor LOL.

Thank goodness we have drop races and a 36 race season so I can make up for a bad finish.

But I did get some better Camry Cup car pictures  

2020-05-15 04-40-09_0.jpg

2020-05-15 04-40-27_0.jpg

2020-05-15 04-43-25_0.jpg

15 hours ago, spudler_t said:

@nanobot You should look up the iRacing Youtube channel as well as LSRTV on Youtube as they have all sorts of races Broadcast from, Dirt Midgets, Winged Sprints, UMP as well as the Coca Cola iRacing Pro Series and misc Road course stuff too.

I hear quite a few people talk about it like it is a arcade game or so on, But in reality they have done a great job with making the tracks look and feel exactly like the real world ones as well as working the telemetry and physics to be as close to real as possible ( Obviously there is not the G forces or the wind nor the possibility of injury if you wreck)  but it still takes a lot of commitment to practicing etc. to even be close to competitive.

Some of the races I have done I have ran 5-8 Times the laps of the race to fine tune my setups and get so I can hit my marks each lap etc.

I have put in on occasion 4 to 5 hours practicing to run a 1 hour race.

I don't knock the Sim racing. I run GT Sport races a lot, and even that is challenging, I can't imagine having a good setup. (I am trying to compete using a controller...lol)

I'll have to check their YouTube channel out as well. Been getting my fix by watching reruns of old F1 races, and old IMSA races, but it's not the same as watching 'live'.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I am so late replying I somehow missed this, But if you have checked out some of the LSRTV stuff, look up iracing on you tube also they have the 24 hour races where they really run 24 hours have teams where different drivers do like 1-3 hour sessions and they switch throughout the event, Indy car stuff, IRX  ( I believe is Ralley cross) World Of Outlaws Late Model and Dirt Sprint cars .

Quite a broad range or racing types .

Actually I use a Budget ( what most people call budget setup) as I do not have the $$ for a better one.

I currently use the Logitech G29 Wheel, I had a G force 6+R Shifter but they designed it where the reverse switch was on the bottom (you had to push down and push Right  and Back to get reverse) and it hit the bottom of the case and broke a connection pin.

And for pedals A guy had a Set of Thrust master T3PA Pro's that had bad Potentiometers and he actually gave them to me all I had to do was buy the Potentiometers and replace them.

From what I have heard from other people in my league etc. is that the Fanatec Pedals and Wheels are pretty good.

Thrust master makes a good wheel and of course pedal set, matter of fact Thrust master has a new set of pedals I believe the T-LCM which has the Load Cell brake ( Supposed to be best braking style of pedal compared to potentiometers) and the hall effect Throttle (uses magnets so no moving parts to wear and supposed to be more accurate also.