cFos

Canzy

Just curious what people think. Have you tried cFos? Did it seem as though it worked for you, or is it just crap?

I've used it a few times over the years, It often comes as part of the software package for motherboards. So I'll usually install it to try and se.
I have found in my own experience that in the old days at least, it did seem to work. but back then  5 or 10mbps was a pretty big difference, not so much today.
I have it installed now as it came with my asus board and I've been uninstalling/reinstalling it just to see if I can see a difference. I actually think it may be costing me some bandwidth, possibly as much as 50mbps, and maybe even as much as 150. Its difficult to say for sure as I'm in early stages of testing and so much can affect it overall speeds..
So what do you all think?

Hi Cable
i'm actually quite surprised. Its been around for many many years I thought you would have tried it for sure. I installed it yesterday, around noonish (not sure where you are, but I'm in EST) it feels to me like its slightly slower, but it seems a little more stable if that makes sense. So the overall is slower, I don't think its more then 30-50mbps but there is less moderation..
And again, maybe its all in my freakin head LOL
Its so hard to get accurate test results on such things just due to variances that exist regardless.
So, I've been running it since yesterday, I'll uninstall it now and run it for about 24 hours and run regular speed tests/latency tests and post them here, I'll post my slowest, and my fastest and a couple of latency tests at different times to try and give some sort of baseline, then reinstall it and run it for 24 hours.
The only problem is it has to be "calibrated" so the first few speed tests with it will be to calibrate, and I won't include those.

EDIT: Actually since its already calibrated, I'll just leave it and run it for run a few tests with, uninstall run a few without. make it lots quicker and I can do that a few times over the next day or 2.

Fastest WITH

FU2Mo_fxx.png

Slowest WITH

https://testmy.net/db/500d7rtHn

Hi Cable
i'm actually quite surprised. Its been around for many many years I thought you would have tried it for sure. I installed it yesterday, around noonish (not sure where you are, but I'm in EST) it feels to me like its slightly slower, but it seems a little more stable if that makes sense. So the overall is slower, I don't think its more then 30-50mbps but there is less moderation..
And again, maybe its all in my freakin head LOL
Its so hard to get accurate test results on such things just due to variances that exist regardless.
So, I've been running it since yesterday, I'll uninstall it now and run it for about 24 hours and run regular speed tests/latency tests and post them here, I'll post my slowest, and my fastest and a couple of latency tests at different times to try and give some sort of baseline, then reinstall it and run it for 24 hours.
The only problem is it has to be "calibrated" so the first few speed tests with it will be to calibrate, and I won't include those.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry cable, I'm a dick..:)
I just had some crap-py surprise me and fall upon my lap which kept me doom and gloom and not wanting to do much of anything for awhile. 
But I'm back, trying to get in the swing of life again...
I have uninstalled and will run tests. Think its still reasonable comparison, or should the other be re-run.