different latency on laptop and ps4

Snekiehpo

Hello, 

English is not my native language but I try to be as clear as I can. I have a lot of problems with my playstation when I play online especially with Fifa 20. I know that the game has bad gameplay and most of the time server issues so the gamplay is slow and there is a lot of delay. The only problem is that most of the time i see that i have more delay than my opponent. 90% of the time it is unplayable for me. I play on a gaming router with a cable and did a lot of traces where people say that it does not look very bad. 

The thing that I noticed and I hope somebody can help me with is the big difference on latency with my ps4 and my laptop or computer. When I test on testmy latency I can see all the tests from laptop, ps4 and computer because it is the same network. On my laptop and computer it is always very low , like 25 ms with minimal deviation and on my playstation always really high, around 200 ms with a big deviation, more than 50 %. Does anybody know how that is possible? If i have the same settings for laptop and playstation there is still the same big difference. Does it have to do with playstation servers , my playstation or is there something i can change with settings? 

I hope somebody can give me advice, 

Thanks in advance 

9 hours ago, Pgoodwin1 said:

Do you know where the PlayStation server is (location) ? If you knew, you could do some latency testing here on TestMy to a location near that server onyour computer and see if there’s something in the results.

Thanks for responding. I'm not sure what you mean? I use the same test on test my latency and choose google or frankfurt for my laptop and my plastation. The latency from my playstation is much higher than my laptop but i choose the same server to test, for example frankfurt or google and the ps4 and laptop are both in my own network. The only difference is the device. If u use the playstation than u use playstation network. Do you think this is the problem? I dont know where the playstation servers are, if I play fifa on ps4 I can see on my router that I play on fifa servers in Holland or Germany. Do you have an idea what I can do? 

http://pingserverstatus.com/playstationnetwork.php

the PlayStation servers are all over. Not sure exactly where they are but the link above  takes you to a ping test page of the Sony playstation network servers.

I got results below. I ran it several times and got some results up to about 130.

if you run that ping test on your laptop and get significantly different results using the PlayStation hardware, then it points to the PlayStation as being “different”. Not sure what is typical for your model PSx though

BE7FFA3D-5F9F-483C-8EDB-3FCA1D4B1AEA.png

Edited by Pgoodwin1
Added info