Hughes net

john black

Hughes net was never suppose to be a fast connection but a way to get internet access in places where you are too far away to get DSL and where dial up is the only option.Who adjusted your dish? Techs who install the service only adjust the dish to get about 70% of the signal. There might be a tool or software from Hughes where you can have someone monitor and you move the dish to hit that +90% connection.I have seen people get 50Mbps download.

Over time, you should be checking to see if the dish moved as wind/weather will move your dish out of place causing to get a weaker signal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First day of being a Commercial customer (was a residential customer) and my speed test is 0.19 Mbps for downloading and 0.34 Mbps for uploading.  I updated to a commercial account so that I could have plenty of Gigs to work online, as I have since 2002.  It was faster with my residential account than my commercial account.  The weather is beautiful and clear here.  The HughesNet technician that installed my new service today stated that there would be less people connected with my commercial account, therefore my speed would go up.  My satellite is less than a month old.  Help me please!?!  I have to work and this is not good. 

I have discovered that during the day, my server is out of Idaho.  I live in SETexas..... Around 6 pm CST (when I begin work) it changes to Chicago.  I just spoke to customer support and they told me to call back in the evening when it is happening.  She stated that the traffic on the server is much busier in the evening, causing the slow down.  If they could keep me on the Idaho server, I am sure it would not be as congested, as Chicago is a much more congested area.  I am hoping with all my might that they can get this fixed.  It is making my job difficult and my husband is getting very frustrated with what he calls "stop and go TV."  

During the daytime, I am getting about 18 to 27 mbps, in the evening I am lucky to get 0.29 at best.  I am so frustrated, but HughesNet is my only option for now.  I just moved away from the Houston area where I had cable internet and I was spoiled to having fast internet all the time and not having to worry about how much data I used.  It is costing me a small fortune just to have this SLOWWWWW connection.  I am barely making a profit with the price I am paying.  

If someone from HughesNet reads this, please send me a private message so I can give you my account information and hopefully together we can get this issue corrected.  PLEASE!!