Upload test stalls

SoApropos

I'm digging through your results and am only finding Chrome.  Can you run a test in Firefox and paste me the results.  Click on the "Share" tab on the results page.

If you could capture a screen recording it would help even more.

Sometimes I see a pause on my Comcast connection.  Always at around 5MB in.  I know that this is a symptom of the connection itself because if I leave all of the variables the same and connect my 4G... it runs smooth and never displays that symptom.

Have you tested back to back... where you run a test in Firefox... see the pause, then run the same test in Chrome moments later?

10 hours ago, CA3LE said:

I'm digging through your results and am only finding Chrome.  Can you run a test in Firefox and paste me the results.  Click on the "Share" tab on the results page.

If you could capture a screen recording it would help even more.

Sometimes I see a pause on my Comcast connection.  Always at around 5MB in.  I know that this is a symptom of the connection itself because if I leave all of the variables the same and connect my 4G... it runs smooth and never displays that symptom.

Have you tested back to back... where you run a test in Firefox... see the pause, then run the same test in Chrome moments later?

This is all I'm able to get back when testing on FireFox, it hangs for a long time on the upload and then finally gives this error.

image.thumb.png.b78f16a798ee454ba27dfd02bfa5dd2e.pngimage.thumb.png.8f4ecc5c97f9bc6a61d48bd06c1323d2.png

I'm sorry to take so long to respond.  I'm deep in development on the next TestMy.net.

Is this a fresh install of Firefox or have you taken time to customize it? 

I might assume that you're using a fresh install because of how you speak about it but assuming things has made an ass out of me too many times so I try my hardest to avoid making assumptions.

• 10 months later...

I have the same issue when running the test with Firefox. I've used Firefox for years and the current version is Firefox 90.0.2 (64-bit). I've also run the test with Microsoft Edge, Opera and Brave browsers with no problems, so it appears there is some kind of conflict with the Firefox browser. Perhaps something to do with EOF marker?

When testing upload at 2Mb it locks up between 40% +- 5%, but I've tried using manual size and anything 1Mb or higher will not complete with Firefox.

Starting with manual size 256kb, it blazes through that and adjust size to 1.3MB and never gets above 0% nor produces any error message.

Starting with manual size 512kb, it blazes through that and adjust size to 2.4MB and stalls out at 50%-55%, then say "something went wrong..." about a minute later.

Starting with manual size 1MB, it never gets above 0% nor produces any error message.

Starting with manual size 1.5MB, it never gets above 0% nor produces any error message.

Starting with manual size 3MB, it it stalls at the 45% +- 5%.

Starting with manual size 6MB, it it stalls at the 75% +- 5%.

Starting with manual size 12MB, it it stalls at the 87% +- 2%.

Starting with manual size 25MB, it it stalls at the 93% +- 2%.

Starting with manual size 50MB, it it stalls at the 95% +- 2%.

Starting with manual size 75MB, it it stalls at the 98%

testmy.net.jpg

I'll keep investigating this further but I can't reproduce on my end on initial tests.

I had FF 85 on this laptop, updated to 90.0.2 -- both versions had similar results. No stalling at all.

Witnessing stalling like yours is indicating an issue. If it's happening only happening in firefox then you've proven your connection is not the issue.

If other people using the same browser as you don't display the same issue then it must be localized.

Do you have any browser plugins, extensions or add-ons that might be causing the issue? If you systematically disable them between testing you might be able to discover which one is the culprit.

If you do find something please share it with us. Some browser add-ons do more than you might imagine and can degrade performance. ...and the ones that degrade performance are probably doing A LOT more than you imagine. ;) get rid of them. TMN helps you find them. :zen-emoji-md: