to increase your internet speed

sophsterr

i dunno if this will help or not but my internet was soooooo slow. it was about 8% of the advertised speed but i deleted my music downloading program. now i'm at about 3.1 mbps. It helped so much. i still have all my music and stuff but i'm never downloading bearshare again.

i think u had some spyware running in the background

no doubt!  ...either that or you hadn't actually disconnected from Limewire. Simply closing the program will not shut down all connections. By default, Limewire will stay connected to the network and continue to work on your searches, as well as share the files that you have designated as available, until you shut down the connections or close out windows. If you set it up again, be sure to read all the help files and go through all the menus to see all the options that are available. Limewire can be configured to be a relatively safe program to use. Running it with it's default settings though, will eat you up.

no doubt!  ...either that or you hadn't actually disconnected from Limewire. Simply closing the program will not shut down all connections. By default, Limewire will stay connected to the network and continue to work on your searches, as well as share the files that you have designated as available, until you shut down the connections or close out windows. If you set it up again, be sure to read all the help files and go through all the menus to see all the options that are available. Limewire can be configured to be a relatively safe program to use. Running it with it's default settings though, will eat you up.

BEST sharing program i ever used. i was using the basic (free) for like 6 months never had problems just decided to get limewire pro ($20.00)  :D :D

but you do have to "DISCONNECT, CLOSE, and EXIT(exit from task bar)" so that no1 is downloading your songs you have. will slow down speed connection if some is d/l.