Automatic mode stops scheduling

OUT2SEE

I set my tests for every 5 minutes for 1000 tests - it runs day and night automatically scheduling ever 5 minutes - however, many times it will simply stop scheduling the next cycle - however, if I click on the Edge browser tab it immediately fires off and runs - what is causing this - it typically runs flawlessly, but then it can hang like I mentioned and an entire over-night test period can be lost.  

testmy stops automatic mode.JPG

I wonder if there are new power management settings and Edge may be putting the tab to sleep or something.  I'll put it on the bench and see if I can reproduce and get back with you.

For now, try scheduling the same test using Chrome or Firefox and see if this resolves the issue.  

If there are new settings I may be able to work around them.

Sorry for the extremely delayed response.  I got your message right away and 10 minutes after you sent it I started scheduling some tests and investigating but wasn't able to reproduce the issue (but wasn't using Edge).  I had it scheduled out for a while and then by the time it finished forgot to update this thread.  My bad.  -- Again, I'll give it a try using Edge, may provide more info.  Pretty certain it's not an issue effecting large numbers of users.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue - using the latest MS Windows 64-bit, Edge, cycles set to 1000, every 5 minutes, it can run for a day, sometimes more, but it will also hang and not auto schedule - I check my progress by clicking the tab and away it goes again - it's been doing this for a long time.

• 6 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 1:22 AM, CA3LE said:

I wonder if there are new power management settings and Edge may be putting the tab to sleep or something.  I'll put it on the bench and see if I can reproduce and get back with you.

For now, try scheduling the same test using Chrome or Firefox and see if this resolves the issue.  

If there are new settings I may be able to work around them.

Sorry for the extremely delayed response.  I got your message right away and 10 minutes after you sent it I started scheduling some tests and investigating but wasn't able to reproduce the issue (but wasn't using Edge).  I had it scheduled out for a while and then by the time it finished forgot to update this thread.  My bad.  -- Again, I'll give it a try using Edge, may provide more info.  Pretty certain it's not an issue effecting large numbers of users.

I had forgotten all about the sleeping tabs. I went into Edge Settings > System and performance adding [*.]testmy.net to the "Never put these sites to sleep" and it has successfully made it farther than before.