Just got D'Way and hate it

PrimetimeDJ

Hi guys. This is a great site for the DWay novices.

I just ordered DWay last week and it was installed over the weekend. Boy am I disappointed! Through the weekend, my dial-up was running better than DWay. The main reason I got DWay was to stream high quality audio from the 'net. I can't listen to anything without it rebuffering every minute. Napster doesn't work either, as I can't stream audio from its site. Any chance I can get out of this mess with just the activation and install charges, or do I get stuck with a big payoff for cancelling in the first 30 days. This is already proving to be an expensive mistake. I just wonder if I can still get out before I'm stuck with a 15 mo. commitment.

Guest aerodude

PrimetimeDJ ..welcome ....and yes ...in the first 30 days you can get out....just call billing.. :evil6:

But yes again....your stuck with the installation charges.. :evil3:

haha i did call them 1 week after i got it ad tey said its a $500 fee. even tho i was in the 30 day trial thingy

• 2 weeks later...

I got Direcway 2 months ago and cancelled unaware of the 30 day period. if you are going to cancel do so right away!  I've spent my whole day today on the phone with them trying to get money back they took out of my checking account without my authorization.  I spent more time on the phone with tech support then I spent online and now I have to pay to get out of their contract!  Get out while you still can!!!!!!!!

When I signed my contract my installer presented it to me on his laptop. He said that after I read it and agreed to it I had to hit enter. He explained the he could not and would not hit enter under any condition. I did not get a hard copy either.

Your installer had a laptop?...all my did was to lay, in front of me, a single form to sign.  Anyway, I checked with my Lawyer and was told that kind of contractual agreements were bordering of being null and void as you are supposed to get a hard copy of the copy that you originally signed .  Your installer had to print it out and hand it to you to sign and give you a copy and yes as you probably know their are small  printers that hook up in less than a minute so he could have printed two copies for you to sign keeping one for your records.  After dumping D'Way and signing on with Adelphia there was no committment, no down money, and no BS, and I got a copy of the paperwork I signed to verify that the installation met my approval and that everything was working properly at that time. and I can quit when I feel like it.  I do have to return their modem but they will come out to pick it up.  If  a problem arises I call... they WILL either get it fixed over the phone, in their on-line chat or send someone out to my home , if needed, now that's  what  I call service after the sale...not the line D'Way hooks one with. I get a security Software ( and its real darn good) at no cost and just received a speed increase as well as many others, also at no cost.  They have knowledgable Tech Support you can understand, unlike the so-called towel heads from India.  Just thought I would toss a few bits of legal advice I got into the forum..better yet do as I did and forgo the headaches,  anger, and depleted funds.