4G Wireless Internet

peteread

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help.

I have 4G Wireless Internet that comes into my router from a dish.

I connect by ethernet cable from the router to my TV.

I have a Amazon Firestick (3rd generation or 4K), I have over 2.5GB of space left.

I have tried around 12 different paid for IPTV services and they all have a problem with buffering, I am assured by the suppliers I am the only one complaining of this.

Could it be because my wireless internet is not giving me a constant coverage?

I'm completely at a loss as to where to look next.

Thank you

On 9/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, peteread said:

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help.

I have 4G Wireless Internet that comes into my router from a dish.

I connect by ethernet cable from the router to my TV.

I have a Amazon Firestick (3rd generation or 4K), I have over 2.5GB of space left.

I have tried around 12 different paid for IPTV services and they all have a problem with buffering, I am assured by the suppliers I am the only one complaining of this.

Could it be because my wireless internet is not giving me a constant coverage?

I'm completely at a loss as to where to look next.

Thank you

Well the issue with 4G as well as satellite type internet, is the latency can & will be erratic. Not really rec. for streaming. If your curious on your latency & stability of the connection check here https://testmy.net/latency?addr=dallas.  You can also open a command prompt & try a traceroute to see it as well.  www.fast.com is Netflix's speed test & latency site, also does pretty well. 

In, addition to everything xs1 said, some of the speed problems can come from your equipment, your distance from the cell towers, interference between your dish and the towers, varying levels of noise vs good signal, etc.

Does your router hold a sim card or is it one of those package dish deals? If you absolutely cannot operate without the company provided dish, then you may be locked in to what you have. If the important part is the router (e.g. it holds a sim card, or software that gives you service, etc.) then you might look into a directional antenna. There are many out there with the right type of cabling to plug into a router. Most of the newer routers provided by company's for people who need broadband have the right connectors too. I've seen people who live waaaayyyyy out in the country go from 10 down and 1 up to 100 down and 40 up (although they didn't do their testing on testmy.net like a bunch of chumps) with the right equipment and setup and were able to have multiple streaming devices. One person I know was even able to host a small torrent server his speeds were so good.

tl;d 4g can be really good but it takes the right set up