Automatic Testing and window focus

rebrecs

Hi,

It may seem I am requesting a primer on how windowing software works - and maybe that is true :-)

Automatic testing is a cool feature. But I cannot always maintain an open focused window for the browser.AutoTestMy.thumb.JPG.f02669e1bc2a58e0ca203cf5ae3737db.JPG

My system's window management provides for being able to "minimize" a window (as they call it). That leaves the window running, but tucks it away off the screen. But what else might it do? I don't have a clue, but I suspect a minimized window does not have focus.

What is the truth of it?

And what about screen savers? How do they affect the state of a window w.r.t "focus."

9 hours ago, AenionRex said:

What device and OS are you using?

Hi, Microsoft Windows 10 on a fairly vanilla Desktop PC with all the usual suspects present. Mouse, keyboard, screen, several game controllers, huge speakers and that sort of thing.

I would like to know how to work around the issue I described, BUT the problem sort of took care of itself, so my interest evaporated.

Soon after I posted, I added a second display to the system. I put the automatic test over there where it can remain open, focused, and happy. And so can I. (using the other display)

Although I am no longer concerned about it, I would like to sincerely thank you for trying to assist.

Have a good'n.

--John