Space X Star link

Walley

I live in a rural area with no chance of fiber optics/high speed internet. I went from dial up to a satellite provider 13 years ago and upgraded their service when available; I'm considering going to Space X Starlink.  I logged on to their web site and my zip code is sold out with approximately a one year waiting period. I don't have a problem with the $99.00 reservation fee or equipment costs. I was wondering if any members have the service, how difficult it was to get up and running; and what happins when there are trouble issues? The current service provides a number where a person attempts to resolve the issue. If the issue cannot be resolved on their end they have local contractors who will visit my home. Help would  be appreciated Thank You.

This is a first for me - until now I had not heard of paying $$ for a place in line. At least not in the business world. I have seen it at ticketed events with long lines. That is to say, offering someone money for their place in line. It would be cool if Space X published the waiting list so we could know who to try to bribe.

I was thinking about satellite network access recently so I'm glad to see you posted this. I want it for my truck and my camper trailer.

I'm heading over to the Space X site now to get me a place in line. I'm really hoping someone wants to bribe me for it. $99 you say? I suppose when I get to like number three of four it could worth as much as ......

• 3 weeks later...

Last I checked the Space X service required a $99.00 deposit for a place in line. Log onto to their web site and enter your zip to see what is available in your area. Hopefully soon they will be able to provide service to everyone who wants it?