It's been a while.

xs1

On 3/9/2022 at 10:42 PM, CA3LE said:

DANG!

If that's what you get in "an area that's horribly overprovisioned." -- sign me up!

Sorry I'm slow to respond dude, been consumed with building a couple of ZFS servers on the backend. It's a process, that's just about complete.

+_+

lol testmy still hates my upload. download isn't too far off from believable. in the AM and occasionally in the laaateee PM I see close to gigabit speeds. 

I'd never use a competitor speed test but I needed to test upload as well ( <.<) so I used TMN 2.0 .. for this one..

testmyast.thumb.jpg.2ccd4e041d5dfccb3d683cd21a44a843.jpg

Edited by xs1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

xs1, when you go to select server, click on multiserver at the bottom and only select the 2 fastest servers by you.  Then do a manual 200mb test and retest it a few times.  As for upload it doesn't multithread so you can test both servers individually on a 200mb manual test and see what one gives you the best speed.

You are getting close. :P

xckG~r2sI.UeZEbMEGQ.png

1 hour ago, Pheelix said:

xs1, when you go to select server, click on multiserver at the bottom and only select the 2 fastest servers by you.  Then do a manual 200mb test and retest it a few times.  As for upload it doesn't multithread so you can test both servers individually on a 200mb manual test and see what one gives you the best speed.

You are getting close. :P

xckG~r2sI.UeZEbMEGQ.png

😄 I see you've gotten that result once, more than likely an anomaly; I'm satisficed with my result average lol. Plus, im running everything wireless now 🤷‍♂️

Edited by xs1

On 10/10/2022 at 2:34 AM, xs1 said:

😄 I see you've gotten that result once, more than likely an anomaly; I'm satisficed with my result average lol. Plus, im running everything wireless now 🤷‍♂️

I would hit that number more then once if the test didn't like to pause for a sec every 20-30%.   I hit that number when the test bar didn't pause at all.  Idk if the test has issues with the servers or if it is trying to test using multiple files instead of 1 file.  If I use Fast or Speedtest I get the same result every time.  I think testmy.net needs to update there testing process.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:18 PM, Pheelix said:

I would hit that number more then once if the test didn't like to pause for a sec every 20-30%.   I hit that number when the test bar didn't pause at all.  Idk if the test has issues with the servers or if it is trying to test using multiple files instead of 1 file.  If I use Fast or Speedtest I get the same result every time.  I think testmy.net needs to update there testing process.

Same. Mine does the same erratic pausing thing as well.   

Keep in mind, you cant compare testmy's speed test algorithm with speedtest.net's.   testmy shows your real, actual, IRL speeds.. Speedtest.net (ookla) shows your ideal results with overhead via many connections.  Ca3le could explain it better if you haven't already read the "TMN vs STN" difference thread. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, Pheelix said:

I think testmy.net needs to update there testing process.

Hey Pheelix, cool name btw.

I notice you're not signed up for the beta.  If you want to see the updated process before the general public vote on this topic >> https://testmy.net/ipb/topic/34612-beta-testers-welcome/

Voting will close soon and the team will be built.