My speeds - Ziply Fiber

Pheelix

On 7/31/2022 at 9:48 AM, Pheelix said:

lol, are you on the 1gig plan?  using there crappy router?

Their*

Well, "ziply fiber" is owned/backbone by Frontier Communications (🤮) & yes, unfortunately I have to use their (Arris NVG468MQ) router due to also having their TV svc, which requires a router with coax connection..  But to be fair,  Frontiers routers ONLY job is to provide an IP address for my Asus RT-AX82U (& coax for tv). From there everything WiFi or hardwired goes through the Asus. 

11 hours ago, xs1 said:

Their*

Well, "ziply fiber" is owned/backbone by Frontier Communications (🤮) & yes, unfortunately I have to use their (Arris NVG468MQ) router due to also having their TV svc, which requires a router with coax connection..  But to be fair,  Frontiers routers ONLY job is to provide an IP address for my Asus RT-AX82U (& coax for tv). From there everything WiFi or hardwired goes through the Asus. 

Their/There, Potato/Pototo

From what I have read and understand.  Ziply Fiber isn't associated with Frontier Communications and is part of Northwest Fiber.  As Frontier declared bankruptcy and solds its assets to Ziply Fiber.  And as far as I know, Ziply Fiber only offers internet and Phone service.  TV has to be streamed via a TV Streaming service like Youtube TV.  I had Frontiers TV Service for a while but I had there Router connected to my router.   It has been a while but I remember something about there cable boxes only needing coax from there router for the channel lineup, the TV signal went through the coax as well but was direct connected into a splitter.  As long as you forward the correct ports to there router from yours, you can just plug there router in like its another connection on the network on your router.

I don't know how your setup is, but it sounds like you still have coax coming in to provide your internet and not from a ont?  I don't remember if Frontier installed my ONT or if Ziply Fiber did.  But my current setup is a Fiber Line from the pole to the ONT in my garage, then from there its a Ethernet Cable to my Asus RT-AC68U and phone line from the ONT to the office printer because someone still wants to be old and fax.  I don't use cable boxes any more because it is cheaper to use Youtube TV service and Roku's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/3/2022 at 11:38 AM, Pheelix said:

Their/There, Potato/Pototo

From what I have read and understand.  Ziply Fiber isn't associated with Frontier Communications and is part of Northwest Fiber.  As Frontier declared bankruptcy and solds its assets to Ziply Fiber.  And as far as I know, Ziply Fiber only offers internet and Phone service.  TV has to be streamed via a TV Streaming service like Youtube TV.  I had Frontiers TV Service for a while but I had there Router connected to my router.   It has been a while but I remember something about there cable boxes only needing coax from there router for the channel 

I don't know how your setup is, but it sounds like you still have coax coming in to provide your internet and not from a ont?  I don't remember if Frontier installed my ONT or if Ziply Fiber did.  But my current setup is a Fiber Line from the pole to the ONT in my garage, then from there its a Ethernet Cable to my Asus RT-AC68U and phone line from the ONT to the office printer because someone still wants to be old and fax.  I don't use cable boxes any more because it is cheaper to use Youtube TV service and Roku's.

- You should brush up on your there/their... 💀 -   tomatoe/tomoto

2ndly; The point was, Ziply Fiber still uses Frontiers backbone. Regardless of ownership/billing

finally;  My setup is simple. ONT to their (frontier) router via CAT8. From the frontier router to the Asus, again via CAT8.

Only reason we (had) to use Frontiers router was for the TV svc. (coax)

We also killed the TV and home phone. We stream via Roku & Gaming systems. 

On 8/18/2022 at 11:24 PM, 1337 said:

the real question is, how's dat latency l👀kin

Roughly 8-11ms. 

Edited by xs1

On 9/20/2022 at 8:20 AM, xs1 said:

We also killed the TV and home phone. We stream via Roku & Gaming systems. 

So now that you killed the TV and home phone, I hope you ditched the frontier router.

And Cat8? was it on sale or are you running a 25/40Gb local network?