I hope for some help here.

Lets start with the Necessities. I am on HughesNet. I have three devices attached to the system. First is a Roku TV, it is connected through the Wifi on the 5 Ghz channel, and is about 10 feet from the router with only a Drywall wall between it and the router. (it gets less than 1Mbps Down) Second is an Xbox, also connected to the router through the 5 Ghz channel (it gets about 2.2 Mbps down). Third and more important to me then the other two. I have a PC Hardwired to the router with a Cat5e cable (about a 50' run)and on it, I am getting an average of 4.6 Mbps Download speeds and 467Kbps Upload speeds.

My question is this, Are there any ways I can raise my speeds on my end? ie.. Configuring the router differently, changing my PC settings somehow. I dont do much on my PC other then try to watch Twitch and play World of Warcraft. Occasionally I will watch YouTube. So Guys (and gals) is there anything I can do to improve my performance?149685871_Uploadspeed.thumb.png.d472d8c23993ffa8c4fbde7390c87711.png

Well maybe first what is your supposed Speed Tier ( What does HughsNet Say your speeds are supposed to be? I,E, Im on Xfinity mine is 1200Mbps/35Mbps)

So we need to compare what you are supposed to be running at compared to what you are seeing in the results

1 minute ago, spudler_t said:

Well maybe first what is your supposed Speed Tier ( What does HughsNet Say your speeds are supposed to be? I,E, Im on Xfinity mine is 1200Mbps/35Mbps)

So we need to compare what you are supposed to be running at compared to what you are seeing in the results

I am supposed to be getting 25 Mbps Down and 3 Mbps Up. They told me these would be my minimum speeds. I have only been with HughesNet for a week. I recently had Windstream as well they said I would get Up to 50Mbps down and 12 Mbps up but my average with them was 16 Down and 1.2 Up.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, 91Wagovanman said:

I am supposed to be getting 25 Mbps Down and 3 Mbps Up. They told me these would be my minimum speeds. I have only been with HughesNet for a week. I recently had Windstream as well they said I would get Up to 50Mbps down and 12 Mbps up but my average with them was 16 Down and 1.2 Up.

Personally i turned off QOS on my router and it almost doubled my Wi-Fi speeds. As far as overall internet bandwidth, any satellite connection will unfortunately struggle which im sure you are aware.