Threshold Alerts

johnstonf

Definitely.

• If you click on "My Settings" then click "advanced" you'll navigate to https://testmy.net/mysettings.
  • Toggle the Email Results setting (then a new drop down menu appears)
  • change this to the % that you'd like
  • click "Save My Settings"

Then you'll be notified if your speed drops below the threshold you've set.

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 10.06.12 AM-b.png

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 10.11.00 AM-b.png

I like the idea of making the emails a digest that would be queued for sending on the user defined schedule. e.g. every 2 hours. I also like the idea of only triggering on X consecutive events. When I'm ready to add more options there I'll keep those ideas in mind.

4 hours ago, johnstonf said:

FYI 404 page not found...

Thank you, fixed.

5 hours ago, johnstonf said:

Great!...

Not sure if you've considered a Pro/Paid version, where you could also do notifications via SMS... etc...

(another cool option, and Twilio makes it fairly easy) 

I have considered a pro version. 

Sometimes options are only available to registered members.  When I release new tools usually registered members see them first.  So being a member is kinda like a pro version already.  Especially during times when I turn off ads for members.

I have some new tools I'm working on that will only be for registered members.  I've also been thinking of ways to give you the option to remove ads... while still driving necessary revenue to run a site like this.  One idea I really like is a call back to the early days of TMN where people suggested that we have "TMN Bucks".  You could buy them or earn them.  You've been earning TMN bucks with all the great posts you've been making.  You may earn some in the future simply by sharing TestMy.net.  I plan to prorate my old members to some degree.

When it comes to availability of tools, if I have something, I always want to share it.  So it would be very difficult for me to hold something back, only for those who paid.

I want to make sure people, especially kids learning this stuff always have easy access, at the same level as someone who decided it's more convenient to pay.  Those who earn it will be a major asset to TestMy.net.  Those who pay will be too.  We need both types.

Ideas in development.

22 hours ago, CA3LE said:

Thank you, fixed.

I have considered a pro version. 

Sometimes options are only available to registered members.  When I release new tools usually registered members see them first.  So being a member is kinda like a pro version already.  Especially during times when I turn off ads for members.

I have some new tools I'm working on that will only be for registered members.  I've also been thinking of ways to give you the option to remove ads... while still driving necessary revenue to run a site like this.  One idea I really like is a call back to the early days of TMN where people suggested that we have "TMN Bucks".  You could buy them or earn them.  You've been earning TMN bucks with all the great posts you've been making.  You may earn some in the future simply by sharing TestMy.net.  I plan to prorate my old members to some degree.

When it comes to availability of tools, if I have something, I always want to share it.  So it would be very difficult for me to hold something back, only for those who paid.

I want to make sure people, especially kids learning this stuff always have easy access, at the same level as someone who decided it's more convenient to pay.  Those who earn it will be a major asset to TestMy.net.  Those who pay will be too.  We need both types.

Ideas in development.

Funny, that fired some old neurons... I remember way back purchasing "TMN Bucks" (or something like that...) was that you??

On 1/5/2023 at 11:51 AM, johnstonf said:

Funny, that fired some old neurons... I remember way back purchasing "TMN Bucks" (or something like that...) was that you??

Thought I responded to this days ago, sorry.

No, I've never sold anything like that before.  Was a suggestion people were making back in the early 2000's.