Too fast???

Informal1

The results webpage crashed. Ookla measured my 5G speed as 1Gbps download. I have T-Mobile in Los Angeles and an iPhone 13.  
Actually my 5G originally was so slow that going back to LTE was the only option. Then T- Mobile tech did something on his end, had me Reset Network Connections on my phone, and suddenly I’m practically a walking advert for 5G. 
But I do wonder if that kind of speed caused the Automatic Test to crash?

If you were running the Automatic Speed Test on your phone, it may have just gone to sleep.

You can run it on a phone but you need to make sure it's plugged in with the display on.  Because your phone will try to conserve power otherwise.  I also recommend using Firefox or Chrome instead of Safari.

If you have a laptop or desktop, use personal hotspot on your iPhone to share the connection.  Then test normally with the browser.  Again, making sure the computer isn't going to fall asleep by checking the power management settings on the device.

Also, make sure you're signed in while testing because your IP address may change more often because you're on mobile.  Being signed in will ensure all of your results are saved by username instead of computerID (based on IP).