Download Results Test Page

phred

I always get the yellow star on the Speed Test Results. When I right click on the star I get the box with "I don't think you're running correctly..." Where can I go for more info; it doesn't link to anything. The light blue box with "Your speed is 89% slower than..." showed for the first time when I made this screen shot. I'm going to its link, but I'm still curios about the yellow star note.

What speed do you pay for?

The max you usually get is around 32 Mbps.  That rating is comparing you against other users on AT&T, if you subscribe to a slower than average package you can safely ignore this.

The new version doesn't have a star rating.  If I add it, I'll make sure give an explanation of how it's calculated and improve the logic.  Maybe have it weigh your own average in there or give you a way to input your subscribed speed.

I do subscribe to a slower than average package. The standard installation wouldn't work. The alternate proved a better method. I use NOKIA BGW320-505 modem with a short CAT5 cable connection to my pc. I've done a lot of experiments and have come up with a set of tweaks to my system, network connection software and Firefox. My actual file download speed (off peak times) is between 3.7 Mbps and 4.5 Mbps. This is as fast as I need or can use.

Thanks!