DirecPC one-way problem...

bumblebee

Weird problem.  We had a showroom DirecPC system since we began installing them years ago.  Has always worked perfectly and had faster throughput and no FAP than a DWay.  Anyway, at some point my credit card expired and althou I renewed it online, knowing DirecWay can you guess that they did not correct the probem and turned off my account on both the 2x and 1x system.  After getting the problem straightened out with billing, the 2x came back on with only a day of hassles, reboots, redials etc but the 1 x has never returned to life, and that was 5 months ago.  If it wasn't a showrooms and dedicated to our main computer, I would just cancel and do something else but I'd really like to get this thing going.

When the credit card problem began, the signal light was on solid (we have signal) but couldn't surf (account deactivated). But after getting the billing problem behind me, they instructed to reinstall software which recognized signal but never allowed browsing.  I've talked to so many tech support people...the dealer tech support say to go through the consumer tech support for 1x because the towelheads in India supposedly are now the "experst" on 1x.  Whatever, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several versions of software and the newer versions never recognize the signal from the dish and the old versions always find the signal but never turn on the service. I have spent a total of about 9 hours with tech support and our head Dway tech has spent another 8 hours trying to get this  thing running. Any suggestions?

bumblebee