DirecWay site

Hello Everyone. I was browsing this forum, and got an idea. I was supprized to find out that a lot of the people are on line at the same time while I was searching. I was thinking about possibly about designing a website with a Java Applet that connects to an IRC Server with a channel. This way people can chat in real time, and it might be a fast solution for help (so is this forum though). I just think it would be nice to have a room full of DirecWay users to chat real time. I can pay for the hosting and a domain, but the domain might have to wait because I just ordered a new computer. I don't know how this idea will go across everyone, but I REALLY think we could make it extremely nice. I work on line, so I could always help the people who join. Please tell me what you think  :D

-asmboy

Well I'm talking about something instant. All it would require is that the user has Java installed, which is 99.8 percent of the people. I would like to talk realtime with people. I really think it could speed up the 'help-time'. Hehe

-asmboy

chatroom is lame on here irc applet is better  ;)

IRC is the gateway to hackers, everyone know that, IRC is also know to carry viruses too, the chat room on here works fine for its intended purpose, this is supplied by one of the users on testmy.net, I see no reason to slam the user who supllied it.

IRC is the gateway to hackers, everyone know that, IRC is also know to carry viruses too, the chat room on here works fine for its intended purpose, this is supplied by one of the users on testmy.net, I see no reason to slam the user who supllied it.

Agreed. I couldnt possibly count the amount of times i was sent a virus via "private file send" in IRC. Im not goign to lie to you, im a complete 100% NUBE when it comes to irc, so like an idiot i may have had it set to ' auto accept files' or something.. but everytime i used irc, i would end up with norton kicking me in the ass.

Im sure Agrr3 ( and other DW members) would be happy to head up a Direcway Room in TM's live chat, but if its too " lame " to help people, then you guys are on your own with the forums .. :rolleyes:

Agreed. I couldnt possibly count the amount of times i was sent a virus via "private file send" in IRC. Im not goign to lie to you, im a complete 100% NUBE when it comes to irc, so like an idiot i may have had it set to ' auto accept files' or something.. but everytime i used irc, i would end up with norton kicking me in the ass.

Im sure Agrr3 ( and other DW members) would be happy to head up a DirecWay Room in TM's live chat, but if its too " lame " to help people, then you guys are on your own with the forums .. :rolleyes:

Well said, help is free here in any form you can receive it, thats what we do, we try to help others at our expense, so take what you  can get and enjoy what testmy.net has to offer to all of us.