Interesting article for gamers

organ_shifter

Being a die-hard PC gamer, I found this article to be a very interesting study as to why pc games don't hold their own against console titles. Lazy, money driven developers producing awful, watered-down ports to the pc sickens me. Why are pc game designers switching over to consoles and producing games there first, and then porting terrible versions over to the pc? It's in the article...and I couldn't agree more.

excerpt taken from PC Gaming is Dying By Anthony R Brock

PC Gaming is dying. How's that for an opening line from a die-hard PC gamer who wouldn't even touch a console if Buddha himself issued a Halo 2 deathmatch challenge? I despise console gaming

i'm a born console gamer, however, with an exeption of halo, i think shooter games and real time strategy games fit the keyboard and mouse much better. fighting game? no way a PC could outdo a console. RPG back when they were good? console for me!

Yeah, Gearbox pretty much screwed up Halo PC.

i'm a born console gamer, fighting game? no way a PC could outdo a console.

If developers ever decided to design a true, flawless PC version of Fight Night Round 2, Tekken 4 or 5, DOA Ultimate, Soul Calibur II, Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, etc, the PC version would not only look 10x better, it would play alot better also. Any game that's on a console can be made better on the PC ( if the developers ports it correctly). smile1.gif

Yeah, Gearbox pretty much screwed up Halo PC.

Halo PC was much more true to the game than the console version. No auto-aim garbagenono.gif, just pure skill. Replay value was higher overall being that it was online play ready (no gamespy tunnel software required). I think Gearbox did a great job with it. It didn't have to beat out the console version in sales in order for it to be better. The only reason that it wasn't big time promotion for it is because it's was deemed an old title that was out for 2 years already.

Halo should have dropped on the PC first like developers originally planned to do clap.gif, and then ported over to the consoles.

fighting games don't work with a keyboard and mouse. i think halo was better on the console because the gameplay was designed around the xbox controller, and it felt perfect.

I use the Saitek P3000 Wireless and the Saitek P2500 Cyborg Force Rumble GamePads (which are great for fighting games). Both of them have just as many features as any Xbox controller (Dual analog sticks with digital buttons underneath, 10 programmable buttons, Shoulder Triggers, 8-way directional pad). I can play either way, but I do prefer gamepads that offer all the latest functions, and these two hold their own.

P3000 Wireless w/docking station

728239_01_huge.jpg

P2500 Cyborg Force Rumble

867410.jpg

Gamepads here or local retail store:

Saitek Gamepads

You can get the Xbox to PC 4 player usb converter/adapter here:

Controller Converters/Adapters (Xbox)

You can get the PS/PS2 to PC 4 player usb converter/adapter here:

Controller Converters/Adapters (PS/PS2)

You can get the Gamecube to PC usb converter/adapter here:

Controller Converters/Adapters (Gamecube)

Consoles are built for gaming, with better controls in my opinion. Also if you want to play the newest and greatest games you have to upgrade your whole system everytime the newer more powerful game comes out, even then it usually doesn't run ideally. I don't like PC gaming, never have, probably never will.