Does Bridging a connnection make it faster and do i need to nic cards ?

i have 3 lines in my house and cant figure out how to bridge them together or at least 2 of them

also btw wat is a 1394 adapter and how does it work

Ps i Want Fios soundz like a sik a$$ connection and is sweeet for hosting

wen will it come to the ATL

Some random speed test lol how bad can my speeds get

2005-03-26 03:39:44 EST: 2961 / 709

Your download speed : 3032669 bps, or 2961 Kbps.

A 370.1 KB/sec transfer rate.

Your upload speed : 726966 bps, or 709 Kbps.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5986 Kbps about 6 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Download Speed is:: 731 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Sat Mar 26 03:40:30 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 107X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.4 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 85.38 % faster than the average for host (Comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-RIZWJP142

LOL

Sorry, your score of 78424 Kbps is over TestMy.net's max of 60000 Kbps. I doubt your connection is faster than 60000 Kbps... Please RETEST

i have 3 lines in my house and cant figure out how to bridge them together or at least 2 of them

also btw wat is a 1394 adapter and how does it work

Well, Windows XP has a way to bridge your connections. To my understanding, you will need to have multiple lines (Internet Connections) connected to one computer in order for this to work correctly. Multiple NIC cards will be needed, or an onboard connection with a NIC installed, or any of the afore-mentioned combinations can be bridged with a USB connection.

1.) Open your Network Connections folder.

2.) Highlight two (2) or more connections you want to bridge. (Hold down the control key and left-click on each connection)

3.) Release the control key and right-click on either of the selected connections, which will bring up a menu.

4.) Left-click on "Bridge Connections" from the menu.

5.) Wait for Windows to create a bridge and assign an IP Address to it.

6.) Right-click on the network bridge and select properties from the menu.

7.) Check both boxes at the bottom of the properties windows (It will only be one box if you do not have Service Pack 2. Checking the boxes gives windows permission to alert you if you do not have connection, if a cable is unplugged, of your connection status, etc.)

8.) Make all properties changes to you connection from the bridge as long as it is active, as it has taken multiple connection and conjoined them as one.

Speeds should be faster now!

********************************************************************************************************************************************

A 1394 adapter is a Firewire connection.

The IEEE 1394 standard defines a high speed serial interface that can be used to connect peripheral devices, for example, printers, scanners, and cameras, to your computer. Some common features of the IEEE 1394 standard are:

do not bridge with  IEEE 1394 connection

as it was said its a firewire connection and i am sure nothing in there will of a connection to the internet.

let us know if the bridging improved your speed

By the way verizon has blocked port 80 in FIOS so u wont be able to host a website from ur machine

• CA3LE locked this topic