mY own little site

lorne

So i was thinking of starting my own site. Not really a forum or anything, just a place where friends can share stuff :D It would just be small and would only be certain people and i would like it to be password protectec if possible so no idiots can get in.

Of course the TestMY.NET people would be welcome.

So could somebody point me in the right direction as far as a template and free Space is concerned. And any tips you might have for a complete n00b :lol:

Thanks, that looks really good! So do i need a server setup to have a website?? How do i get the info from my computer onto the site?? Do i ahve to know code??

Lots of questions i know but that is a n00b for ya :)

heh thanks for the opinions on the site, i never took any html/web design classes or any of that, so i guess for just learning on my own its pretty good. as for gettings stuff from comp -> server, u can use ftp, they have alot of progys out there, i personaly use aceftp 3. as for code, there are alot of wysiswyg(say it like wizzywug) that is, What You See Is What You Get. where u can just throw stuff together, geocities has one of these built into their website, when u want to create your own, you just use their page builder. as for knowing the code, u dont really HAVE to, its just nice to so you can get what you are looking for. so if you are just looking for something very simple, u can use geocities's( http://www.geocities.com ) pagebuilder

Yea... my first site was on Geocities, god... that must have been in 1995-1996 ~ Geocities was just starting out themselves :) ~~~ well what I am tring to say is that it is a good place to start out.

- Damon