speed

socom2freak

hi there, have been coming here to test my connection for the past few months... well i just upgraded to the 6mb plan from insight broadband... well my problem is, i play a lot of socom2 online as my name implies. everybody is complaining of me lagging??? is there anything i can do to help this, used to never have this problem, but now i get people complaining all the time... here are my speeds

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 5632 Kbps about 5.6 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 687 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Mon Mar 28 2005 20:12:19 GMT-0600 (Central America Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 101X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.49 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 83.39 % faster than the average for host (insightBB.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KC8UNPHD2

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 458 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 56 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Mon Mar 28 2005 20:14:32 GMT-0600 (Central America Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 8X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 18.29 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 57.93 % faster than the average for host (insightBB.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-3IHCSX5OK

i dont think online gaming would need that much bandwidth would it??? sometimes its worse than others but before i had any of these problems i was on just regular plan and never lagged? does this seem like something to do with my ISP.... would cat6 cable help any, connecting it from my router to my modem and from router to playstation 2.... also is there any min. lenght for ethernet cable, because i have a maybe 4 inch max cord from my router to my modem. both are linksys, and they are stackable so i figured the shorter the better, but i never thought maybe i could be too short? also where would i find the tweek program for the 6mb speed for the cable nut adjuster..... thanx in advance for any help

is there a site i can goto for virus and trojan check? Another problem im having is speed change, it will go from 5.7mbps to as low as 3.2 which is lower than i was gettin before. i have tried everything that i can think of and it just seems to be unstable, i wonder if my laggin is caused by sudden drop in signal or somthing,just long enough to lose data but quick enough to not get booted>

It can just be the other players lagging you depending on were they live. i play a certain online game and the more people that come in with bad ping the more it effects my ping and everyone else's you have good speeds for online gaming. Could be your firwall, if you use Gamespy let me know i can give you the list of ports you need :)

im not too sure who the actual server is, the game is made by zipper interactive, im pretty sure its me lagging, it dont matter what room im in, if there is as little as 4 ppl or a full room of 16 ppl, 8 on each side, the people on both sides mention my lag.  i unplugged my router today and ran strait through to my modem, and fixed nothing, so id assume its something wrong with my area ISP, i know my neighbor has the same problem, i think ill just contact them and have them come look at it, but for 80 dollars a month just for internet use, i should never lag, never have download speeds below 4.5mbps, or get disconnects, all of which i do get now... there is probably a problem in the local area and they just dont give that information out, thanx.

is there a site i can goto for virus and trojan check? Another problem im having is speed change, it will go from 5.7Mbps to as low as 3.2 which is lower than i was gettin before.

1)  http://housecall.trendmicro.com

2) 1 of  2 things will cause speed "changes" . 1 spyware, or viruses ( backdoors )  and 2 cablenut srttings too large for your connection.

called my isp and told them about my problem, he said my ping is 32 ms... but he also said something else was hi, which results in slow speeds. he said he could see a high level of noise in the line, anything i can do to fix this or is it something my isp(insightbb) has to fix.