[TIPS] This may help with some speed issues.

Guest helloimtim

Your connection is: 11125 Kbps or 11.1 Mbps

You Downloaded at: 1358 kB/s

You are running: 199 times faster than 56K and can Download 1 megabyte in 0.75 second(s)

Member Ident: CompID:64293156944

Test Time:: 2006/03/15 - 8:38pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1

Test ID: C3O0FLRXQ (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 122.72 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

This was tested from a 5983 kB file and took 4.406 seconds to complete

heres my info if you wont to know what  i use its windows xp and i got verizon dsl its supposed to test at about 5 according to what the chart says if you wont to know how to make yours that fast my email is cobainfan69420@yahoo my id is the same for messenger this is easy to do to make yours this fast so write back to me everyone that sees this

my opinion and a fact- Tune up utilities 2k6 beats the heck out of cablenut anyday. Tune-up also fixed registry/program errors never had a problem. it also lets you customize boot screen, welcome, and desktop AND startup entries can be edited and don't forget that it will speed up both up and down.. I TRIED IT... b4 and after :D

Thanks, Tim

my opinion and a fact- Tune up utilities 2k6 beats the heck out of cablenut anyday.

i checked that program out, and one thing is very clear in my point of view, the authors of that program dosent know jack S#!t about TCP tuning

I pretended i had a 6 Mbps cable connection and loaded optimized settings with that program

it changed my TcpWindowSize to 149200 but they forgot to set Windows scaling enabled Tcp1323Opts, that means my RWIN will be stuck at 65535 ( maximal unscaled RWIN ), the very same RWIN you will have by default if you run your NIC in 100Mbps with Windows XP

It also changed MTU to 1492, we all know 95% of all cable connections has a 1500 byte MTU. Why reduce it? It will only result in slower speed, you will see this mainly on transfers over high delay routes. 1492 is a MTU for DSL over PPPoE and FIOS over PPPoE.

take a good look at the screenshot, cablenut has so much more to tweak then the settings Tune up utilities 2k6 using

Im sure its a great program, but not for internet tweaking. If you get better speed with that program then cablenut or TCP optimizer, its a fluke.

Tcp Optimizer is a great tool in my point of view, if you dont want and need AFD tweaks.

ive seen alot of tune up programs, when you take a deeper look at them you dont get very impressed

VanBuren :)

I agree VanBuren, Tcp Optimizer could be the choice of those just starting to tweak their settings, but CableNut Adjuster is by far the best and most full feature settings adjuster and optimizer around.

. . .of course, you'll want to check out my XP Performance Tuning Guide to see what you can 'really' do to speed things up.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i m talking about the forum as a whole

whatws the forum final judgement on the issue????????

CABLENUT R TUNEUPUTILITIES

cablenut is the best period

its the most powerful, has most options and wont screw up registry...

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=3924.msg128708#msg128708

VanBuren :)

• 3 months later...

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 664 Kbps about 0.66 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Download Speed is:: 81 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 951 Kbps about 0.95 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 116 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/09/25 - 1:43pm

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UVG1WCXR9

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UWY4P2ZOQ

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 [!]

Like i installed cabled nut with settings 9 Cable & DSL 30000, and have unnormaly big upload (normally 20 kb/s ), and a low download....i would like to have a bigger download., how can i do that ?

Ok, i've installed cable nut with settings 7 Cable & DSL 1000 384, and like I now have 20 kb/s download and 250 kb/s UPLOAD!!! like wtf ?

Your connection is: 1821 Kbps or 1.82 Mbps

You Uploaded at: 222 kB/s

You are running: 32 times faster than 56K and can Upload 1 megabyte in 4.61 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:Sharkyx CompID:1991421791728

Test Time:: 2006/09/26 - 6:29am

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7

Test ID: 6IMEO8XBA (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: Awesome! 20% + : 176.75 % faster than the average for host (89.251-videonet)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 13.45536 seconds to complete

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol tommie i been here and there yeah that's about it glad there's a roomer going around that dsl is coming my way woohoo :2funny:

Your connection is: 750 Kbps or 0.8 Mbps

You downloaded at: 92 kB/s

You are running: 13 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 11.13 second(s)

Member Ident:Username:M16 CompID:615722117956

Test Time:: 2006/12/22 - 6:21pm

Test Browser and OS info: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Test ID: ZK90D756M (if this is a screenshot go to testmy.net to see if this is fake)

Diagnosis ^info^: May need help : running at only 72.18 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

This was tested from a 2992 kB file and took 32.688 seconds to complete