[TIPS] This may help with some speed issues.

Guest helloimtim

Same here, I am looking at it each and every day, it is so close it stinks. I live city blocks wise (example) 6th st. to 8th terrace away from DSL, and and 1 block west. So close by country standards it blows. I have treid talking to everyone I can reach by phone. They all respond, when it gets there you will know it, more or less.  :angry5:

I get so sick of hughes.net. I did finally get mine paid off, the credit card showed it this month.  :smiley: *dances and singing "no more contract"* repeat.

:evil6:

seems like everybody likes to check their speed..maybe a lot have lots of trouble..with satellite net it seems to kind of bog down easily..it's like you've got to keep your computer operating room clean..ALL THE TIME..

I will mention here that I have system Mechanic 6 professional from www.iolo.com

I have it set to OPTIMIZE internet settings PC clean, etc, every hour..initially, when I first bought it at Walmart, it found hundreds of broken links, registry errors, all kinds of computer errors...I don't know all the lingo yet..i recommend program..keeps me running near what I'm paying for...that is the 1000/192 plan..it's drizzle rain here now and I'm actually shooting through some trees on the hill just behind my house..just thought I'd mention it..

share-ULRGQVO80&dual=yes&q2=TLPUKXW15

• 4 weeks later...

seems like everybody likes to check their speed..maybe a lot have lots of trouble..with satellite net it seems to kind of bog down easily..it's like you've got to keep your computer operating room clean..ALL THE TIME..

I will mention here that I have system Mechanic 6 professional from www.iolo.com

I have it set to OPTIMIZE internet settings PC clean, etc, every hour..initially, when I first bought it at Walmart, it found hundreds of broken links, registry errors, all kinds of computer errors...I don't know all the lingo yet..i recommend program..keeps me running near what I'm paying for...that is the 1000/192 plan..it's drizzle rain here now and I'm actually shooting through some trees on the hill just behind my house..just thought I'd mention it..

share-ULRGQVO80&dual=yes&q2=TLPUKXW15

Its odd I don't have to do all this repeated cleaning and settings every hour ritual continuously to get advertised speed. I'm glad too because it wouldn't happen......be like having to stop every 2-3mile and put air in all 4 of your car tires. :whaa:  :haha:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i just have weekly scans setup is all, that is plenty,  I use Trendmicro antivirus with antispyware, its pretty qiuck and since ive always used there housecall.  they might not me the best but there not a resource hog like norton or mcafee.  I also have spy sweeper 5.3 but that program is to slow for me.

• 1 month later...

hi guys i would want to try out cablenut but i don't know the settings for it. my PC runs on a windows xp pro. advertise speed (smartbro) of my broadband provider is 384 kbps. advices and suggestion are very much welcomed. with regards to TCP please include also wat i need to set to achieve an optimal speed. thanx and more power.

my current test without tweaks

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 67 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 8 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/05/01 - 11:00pm

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 128 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 47.558 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 37.43 % of your hosts average (232.42)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-GNOLZQ9BE

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 [!]

running on inspiron 1100 laptop.  :?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

i'm back  :grin2: good gracious after some tweaking from the guides here i came up with these stats at the momment.

120829924.png

share-GSVNEBWZ4&dual=yes&q2=FGIUDOLAE

compared to my previous

:::::::::::::::::.. Download Stats ..:::::::::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 174 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 21 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/05/01 - 9:17am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 48.76 sec

Tested from a 386 kB file and took 18.186 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 95.6 % of your hosts average (232.42)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-R5A7ZKD8Q

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

and one thing more my pc went crazy fast after i did the housecleaning thread u gave me :haha: tnx

thanx for replying and i hope i can maintain these speed or improve more with you guys.  :haha:

please remove the image directlink next time you post a result, you dont want to advertise for them right?

• 1 month later...

i am totaly lost and i feel like i have so much trash on my computer...my speed is slow i should be getting 3.5 but only getting 1.5...i am also linked to my xbox 360...will this slow my pc down while i am online and cause my husband to "LAG" while in gameplay...help what can we do to peacefully share the connection?