8MBPS package?

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt very seriously that Comcast is rolling out another upgrade. They are not even done with the current upgrade and there is no reason to give us more bandwidth yet. I know there are some areas that have faster broadband than Comcast but those areas are very few and far between.

Right now Comcast is the big dog around the country and until DSL rolls out faster speeds all over the country Comcast will coast comfortably. Now I know there are a few markets where Fios and some others have faster packages but like I said it is just a few spots.

I can't wait for the faster packages so I will keep an ear to the ground. I still have friends at the local HE and NOC so I'll post when I hear any good news.

• 2 weeks later...

not so sure....  i was just told that the upgrade comcast is doing is to compete against verizon. as you probably know comcast "caps"  us apparently their line now can do up to 3 up and 15 down.  they are just getting to all the line problems and issues in whatever areas. so thats what they say by "upgrading"  really they are doing their own line check and software things before they "roll" out the "upgrades", however , there are places who do need line work as well (physically changing lines and so forth)    I was told this was the first step in what comcast is really doing which is changing their internal infrastructure to some fiber like tech but will be able to go faster than what fiber is doing.. i  was told  the line would top out at like 500 down and up but would be split of course (shared and capped) and that won't be avail for couple of yrs but as they cont to "upgrade" to the "max" we will see our speeds and new service popping up  so that verizon can't steal their cust.........don't know if their is any truth to it but  we all know comcast advertised speeds and yet if you look on here some people get way over that  and some people can't come close so it sounds like it could be true.........this is just what i was told i am not a tech so please don't flame me

What up dnicekid? Welcome to the forum. bye.gif

Any amount of info is a good thing. I know Comcast is not going to sit around and allow FIOS to come into their dominated areas and break them down to nothing. Comcast likes to stay hush-hush about things until the last minute, and then BAM!, they wreck everyone else hard. Without a doubt, when Comcast does complete their infrastructure upgrade, other cable companies, as well as FIOS, are going to be hard pressed to keep up with them. I honestly believe that some areas (test areas) will see this big speed increase as early as years end.

Comcast won't be able to keep this under wraps for too much longer. whistle.gif I'm just waiting for someone to give it up. conversation.gif

hey thanks for the welcome!  I noticed there are people in various areas that are already getting 7-9 going down and 900-1300 going up when they are supposed to be getting 768 and 6 down!!!  i know comcast is capped at 6.6 or 6.8  but how are these people getting it?/  I believe they are in some small test market or in a market fios is in...  I guess my point is comcast might not be as far behind as we think!! just behind in price!!!!!!!  also late at night i have noticed when i run test on verion and some other spots  my speed comes back at 7000 down and if i click fast enough for a retest it will shoot up to 10!!!!! i have even hit 12!!!! i think it's a glick or i get by the cap if i do it fast enough...but i don't know if the cap is physical or software.....but like i said it has to be late 2-3 in the morning

check out below this was one of my uploads

Register or 

Speed Interpretation 

Search for:

search words

or ZIP code

Find Service

Reviews

Front Page

FAQs+Info

Forums

Security

Tests+Tools

Buy

Join Club

For ISPs

Search

About us

Spread Firefox!

icon key

2005-04-11 21:59:39 EST: 6115 / 12400

Your download speed : 6262436 bps, or 6115 kbps.

A 764.4 KB/sec transfer rate.

Your upload speed is much faster than down.. have you tweaked?

Your upload speed : 12698412 bps, or 12400 kbps.

Welcome to BBR!

Home Page

More tests!

Discussion forums

Your Result vs Common benchmarks

kbps

broadband 

comcast is going to make a switch on there new new plans once they get started changing all the adelphia costomers over to comcast.  people on the 4mb/384kb plan plan are going to 8mb/2mb and people on the 6mb/768kb plan are going to 14mb/4mb plan. I know this because i know a high up rep. who works for comcast, they are doing this because Verizon Online FIOS is going to almost everyware in the next year to 2 years so comcast wonts to get the speed close to verizon online. More information coming soon. 

Comcast is going to make a switch on there new new plans once they get started changing all the adelphia costomers over to Comcast.  people on the 4mb/384kb plan plan are going to 8mb/2mb and people on the 6mb/768kb plan are going to 14mb/4mb plan. I know this because i know a high up rep. who works for Comcast, they are doing this because Verizon Online FIOS is going to almost everyware in the next year to 2 years so Comcast wonts to get the speed close to verizon online. More information coming soon.

oh my...    where ya at TWC  my RR seems to be falling behind

:icon_pale:

Since TWC and Comcast both bought Adelphia,shouldnt TWC be doing something too then,or is this just a one sided thing by Comcast,im curious too see what happens because Im a TWC customer and will like to see whats the benefit for them from this deal

Since TWC and Comcast both bought Adelphia,shouldnt TWC be doing something too then,or is this just a one sided thing by Comcast,im curious too see what happens because Im a TWC customer and will like to see whats the benefit for them from this deal

It's not one sided. From what I've read their deviding the users between Comcast and Time Warner.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050421/ap_on_bi_ge/adelphia_sale_21

Philadelphia-based Comcast will give back its 21 percent interest in Time Warner Cable and pay about $1.5 billion in cash. The multipart deal will give it a total of 1.8 million additional subscribers. New York-based Time Warner will gain 3.5 million subscribers.

no its not just gonna be a internet upgrade, its a hole system upgrade, Comcast and TWC have bought many new cable cable channels, the average person gets about a 70channels of cable TV comcast an TWC will rais that to 90channels with the new upgrades. They are basicaly ripping out all of adelphias stuff and putting in all new equipment to get more channels higher speeds and to bring digital cable to everyone.

no its not just gonna be a internet upgrade, its a hole system upgrade, Comcast and TWC have bought many new cable cable channels, the average person gets about a 70channels of cable TV Comcast an TWC will rais that to 90channels with the new upgrades. They are basicaly ripping out all of adelphias stuff and putting in all new equipment to get more channels higher speeds and to bring digital cable to everyone.

Ok thats much better lol,btw do u know how long is it going to take for this to happen?

Will it be by this year,earlier,or later?

Comcast is going to make a switch on there new new plans once they get started changing all the adelphia costomers over to Comcast. people on the 4mb/384kb plan plan are going to 8mb/2mb and people on the 6mb/768kb plan are going to 14mb/4mb plan. I know this because i know a high up rep. who works for Comcast, they are doing this because Verizon Online FIOS is going to almost everyware in the next year to 2 years so Comcast wonts to get the speed close to verizon online. More information coming soon.

This is the best possible news I could've received, and by telling me that this could happen by September is the icing on the cake.yahoo.gif Whatever you do, don't stop posting fantastic information like this.

I wonder what other cable companies are going to do to keep up, so that they don't look too ancient?

Cool,so by September we should all have atleast a 14/4 connection :D

People on the $80.00 which is now 6/768... so even when they DO switch to 14/4 , itll still be $80 ... I  think ill just  keep bugging verizon and get me some fiber for $49 ;)