8MBPS package?

Well If TWC is doing an upgrade also,and there is no $80 plan,then ours should be that fast but for a lower price.Or maybe the 5000/384 for $45 will go to 8000/2000 and the $65 8000/512 will go to 14/4 :D

yea, 8/2 wouldnt be too bad, but if fios is avaliable, or they have an ETA for me ill wait lol. :evil6:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

geez 8Mbps,come on Comcast catch up with some parts europe and other parts of the world...this is the usa and we are supposed to dominate (according to the prez herself)

dont play catch up,move to the forefront. :haha:

edit:

nice article msucbj

Isn't the President a man?

My area has had all the FIOS underground service installed about 2-months ago and they're now testing.  From what I understand, FIOS willl be full up and running at some point this summer.  I live in Maryland, suburban Wash DC area.  I just signed up for Comcast's speed boost to 6 down / 768 up and am awaiting it actually happening today (they told me one hour, but I think it's going to either take longer or that I won't get true results on a Sunday afternoon with all the cableheads probably gaming or getting on bittorrent to check it out since itts getting so much fed press lately.

Oh well.  Patience.  <sigh>

I believe that Comcast is going to keep ramping up as FIOS gets closer and am certainly thinking THAT is cool.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Read that, makes me do this  :D.  Hopefully, Comcast will upgrade speeds, as it looks like they could very easily (by what the article said), soon, like alot of the other cable service providers.

Comcast is just finishing up there networks and fixing the few area's with speed issues and then they will upgrade :)

• 3 months later...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 8215 Kbps about 8.2 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1003 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Sep 27 03:49:09 PDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 147X faster than 56K 1MB download in 1.02 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 27.05 % faster than the average for host (148.29)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-I8RKJYW3B

I'm lovin' it! :-P