Hia im new , i no what ur thinking now neebie :( But need help with router

goku121

right erm iv recently got 2mb broadband from BT Yahoo! iv gt my microfilters in n everything my modem is a 'Bt Voyager 205 adsl router' thing with this is , i dnt dial up the thing is constantly on and connected,its gt an ethernet port at teh back swel of it., iv gt a hardware firewall on swel n my norton 2005 internet security , My recieve data rate is 2272 k (what i connect at) n my transmitt data rate is 288. i jst installed teh drivers to it , coz i dnt like teh software , it installed my router and in , my connections it says network conneted ;

from this i typed in my router ip number in the internet options , connections , address part of teh automatic configurations. It works fine , bt i get really slow download speeds.

i no what you might think a router and hardware firewall its tricky or hard or w/e 2 do , i just dont no what to do to make teh thing go faster below are teh results on what i got in the speed tests , iv installed cable nut n ran it , but still get slow speeds. please look at the results below and tell me what you think and what i shud do n how plz!!!

cheers :)

DOWNLOAD TESTS

Medium - 579 kB

----------------------------

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1706 Kbps about 1.7 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 208 kB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Fri Apr 1 14:30:40 UTC+0100 2005

Bottom Line:: 30X faster than 56K 1MB download in 4.92 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 76.42 % faster than the average for host (btcentralplus.com)

download

You are getting close to your advertised speed and you are getting far better than the average for your ISP.

It seems that everything is fine.

Which Windows are you running at the moment?

Try disabling Norton Internet Security while running the speed test and see if you can squeeze a little more juice out of your connection.

im running windows xp pro , with service pack 2 , and have got all the updates , i did disable my norton  ,.bt i cnt disable my hardware firewall lol :P , so wud u say my speed is okish? i connect at 2.2mbs; bt i get slow speeds sometimes like speeds of 250k? n i heard of someone whether its true or not , that he gt 700k a second download speed on his 2 mb n i kinda find that hard 2 believe , coz if u do teh maths behind it 2272 divide 8 = 284k , so 284kbs will be the fastest download speed he will get at a constatn stayin arnd that speed. n i thort if he downloads at 700k he wud b on what 700k multipy that by 8 is 5600 , so he wud need to connect at 5.6 megs , bt he says he has a 2mb connection. now i think he is eithe rbullshittin or his isp have made him faster bt he dnt realize it . ny1 agree with my theory or not? n btw ny1 gt any tips or hints to tweak my modem n make it faster? bearin in mind my other post which i started this subject with? :)