A few Firefox hints and tips

netmasta

I thought I'd post a few tips for FF users since I've been using it for a while now.

1.To open a new tap press Ctrl+t

2.You can have keywords for your bookmarks.

Example: When I want to go to Testmy.net I just type "speed" in the address bar and it automatically goes to this site.  :)

Here is how you do it:  First bookmark the page you want to create a keyword for. Then right-click on that bookmark, select properties. Then put any word in the "Keyword field". Then whenever you want to go to that site type that word in your address bar and hit enter and you will be taken to that site. Pretty neat, huh?

3. Import your IE Favorites/bookmarks, cookies and passwords. When you first install Firefox this option should come up. If not, open FF, click on File>Import.

4.Yahoo! toolbar. The official Y! toolbar is now available for FF.

5. Block flash ads, banner ads, Iframes(used by google) and any other image or flash object.

Go to the Firefox addons page and search for "Adblock".

I'll post more as I find them. BTW, 1,2 & 5 are NOT available in IE.