sub, box, and amp??

pitbull481

yesterday my brother-in-law GAVE me a Rockford Fosgate 12" sub :D  (model# RFR3112)  http://12.41.28.254/rockford/RFR3112.jpg

Peak Power Handling 2000Watts

RMS Power Range 150-1000Watts

Impedance ( Ohms ) 2

Free-Air No

Dual Voice Coil Yes

Sensitivity 85dB

Frequency Response 26-0.4KHz

Cone Material FIBERLock

Surround Material Santoprene rubber

Dimensions

Sealed Box Volume (cu ft) 1

Ported Box Volume (cu ft) 1.75-4

Top Mount Depth 6-7/8"

Cutout Diameter or Length 10-15/16"

Size 12"

And i got a BOSS 1000w Amp  http://store1.yimg.com/I/mobile-emotions_1832_21373090

My brother-in-law told me if i get another amp (1000w or more) he WILL give me another sub (same model as above)  :D

Question is:  What box would be very good for the sub?  (single box not dual)

depends on what type of music do you listen to. if you listen to rock and roll, metal. stuff like that with alot of drums go sealed around .75 to 1 cubic foot.. if you are more into rap with deep bass, id highly recommed a ported enclouser, will give louder deeper bass... when going ported make sure you have a subsonic filter either inline on your rca cables or built into your amp. if not your sub can play below port frequiency and ruin your sub..... as for gettin another amp and going with another sub, not very good idea, will only add a 3db increase, per sub you add. and with going to another 1000 watt amp, you will more than likely have to upgrade electrical system in your vehicle. such as alternator, battery, and wires under the hood... not really worth it, good luck

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568&item=5763808878&rd=1

have you considered something like this, only 50 bucks... or if you have good enough woodworkin skills you can build your own for less/ just need one sheet of  3/4 inch mdf board. most places will even cut to size for a quarter or 50 cents a piece, then you just need 1 1.5 screws and a good sealing caulk... can probably make your own for under 20 bucks.... pretty easy sub calls for 1 cubic foot. so alls you need is 12.75x12.75 boards to make 1 cubic foot, going over under 25% will not hurt anything,,, make sure to fill with cotton pillow stufffing to reduce coin noise from inside the box....

does it say dual 2 ohm or dual 4 omh, both models have 2 pos and 2 neg terminals... if it s dual 4 ohm you will get the most out of your amp, just  take a short piece of speker wire and run from the one pos to the other, then another piece  for the 2nd pos to the terminal inside your box, then the same with the neg, just run from one neg to the other neg, and then from that neg to the neg terminal inside your box....

if you have dual two omh load you will only get half your amps power since you have to run in 4 ohm load/,,, this requires seris wiring inside the box... which is like this/.... you will run pos from voice coil "A" to the pos on the inside of the box, then take neg on voice coil"A" to the pos of voice coil "B" then you run the neg from voice coil "B" to the neg terminal on the inside of the box...

selling old amp and subs with box for $275

i decided to sale my old amp: http://store1.yimg.com/I/millionbuy_1837_2783851 (this is BOSS 1000w)

and subs with box: http://store1.yimg.com/I/millionbuy_1838_12796668 (700w subs) 

to upgrade on amp (higher wattage): http://store1.yimg.com/I/millionbuy_1838_26481890 (This is BOSS 3000w)

hook the new amp with the sub my brother-in-law gave me http://12.41.28.254/rockford/RFR3112.jpg (im gonna have 1 more same model  :D)

my friend is going to give me his Dual Bandpass Enclosures  :D

and i am getting a battery just for the amp  :D

What do you guys think :?:

if you have not purchased that amp yet i highly advise you to choose something that will better suite your needs. a mono block class d amp will fill your needs better here.... 2 channel amps are only bout 50-60%efficient which results in much less power and alot more heat... not good for electronics. on the other hand class d amps are 90+% efficient and are almost all fan cooled....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5764940941&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

since you will have to wire your subs in series to get a 4omh load each, and then parellel wire them together you will net a 2 ohm load..

if you go with that 2 channel amp, you will have to wire 1 sub to 1 channel and @ 4 omhs since the subs are dual 2 ohm you wont get very much power, id say prolly 500 watts maybe, boss over rate thier products a lil bit to boast sales.... and if you bridge the amp then you will get twice the amps power buit still at 4 omhs so then you can only use one woofer,,,,  if you go with the amp i mentioned, you can wire them at a 2 ohm load and get 1800watts rms, from the amp about 900 watts to each sub.... there are many other amps out there if you need more help let me know.

socom2freak

the BOSS amp i got (1000w) i like alot and does give plenty of power for the old subs i got. i just want to get rid of it cause i want more power for the rockford fosgate speaker i got now since it can handle 1000w RMS. and since i never had problems with my BOSS 1000w amp  :D i want to get a more powerful samw brand amp.  :D

i found a BOSS mono block class d amp http://www.millionbuy.com/bosrt2500d.html

here is a list of BOSS amp http://www.millionbuy.com/caudio-amp-bos.html which one of these amps would be good for 1 rockfosgate sub i got  :?:

thanx for helping out bro

does it say dual 2 ohm or dual 4 omh, both models have 2 pos and 2 neg terminals... if it s dual 4 ohm you will get the most out of your amp, just  take a short piece of speker wire and run from the one pos to the other, then another piece  for the 2nd pos to the terminal inside your box, then the same with the neg, just run from one neg to the other neg, and then from that neg to the neg terminal inside your box....

if you have dual two omh load you will only get half your amps power since you have to run in 4 ohm load/,,, this requires seris wiring inside the box... which is like this/.... you will run pos from voice coil "A" to the pos on the inside of the box, then take neg on voice coil"A" to the pos of voice coil "B" then you run the neg from voice coil "B" to the neg terminal on the inside of the box...

the bottom of speaker says dual 2ohm

1. i tried neg. to pos. (around speaker)

2. than pos. (speaker) to pos. (amp)

3. than neg. (speaker) to neg. (amp)

and it's bridge

what am i doing wrong doesnt sound good  :cry:

that amp you have listed will work great for that sub... sorry it took a lil while to respond, havent been able to get online lately...  but i see no reason why that amp will not push that sub..... just make sure to set the gains correctly, turn the volume on your head unit to where you normaly listen to it, no more than 75% of the max volume.... then adjust the input sensitivity(gain) to where the sub starts to distrort, then turn it down a tad bit... using bass boost is bad for your subs. good luck!

and it's bridge

can you show me example like this :?:

and it's bridge

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp=Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2&image.x=17&image.y=7&image=Submit

goto this link and look at the second box, with the 4 ohm option, is this how you have it set up, if not make sure you wire it this way or you will be wiring it either at 1ohm or completly wrong, by wiring it at 1ohm your amp will not push this load and will shut down and go into thermal mode.... which amp are you using to powere the RF sub??? have a model number or a net link so i can chekc it out.?

At 4 omhs this amp will only give that sub about 400 watts... not very good for a 1000 watt rms sub.... do you have the amp bridged, run from the speaker wire from the pos of one channel and the neg of the other channel, this will bridge the channels and double the output but can only run 4 omh load..... by going to class d amp you mentioned earlier you should expect much more power to the sub... did you have the sub wire like the 2nd picture on the link above??

usually amps will tell how to bridge with a sticker on the bottom of the amp or in the manual... i think most you left positive and right negative but may be wrong, should check before you do so...

At 4 omhs this amp will only give that sub about 400 watts... not very good for a 1000 watt rms sub.... do you have the amp bridged, run from the speaker wire from the pos of one channel and the neg of the other channel, this will bridge the channels and double the output but can only run 4 omh load..... by going to class d amp you mentioned earlier you should expect much more power to the sub... did you have the sub wire like the 2nd picture on the link above??

usually amps will tell how to bridge with a sticker on the bottom of the amp or in the manual... i think most you left positive and right negative but may be wrong, should check before you do so...

option 2

hanover park?hehehe..i live in chicago ridge..southside..roughly 5 minutes away from chicago.anywayzz...i wouldnt recomend boss amps at all man.the RF subs you got there are some of thi finest subs rockford made especially for SPL.just a suggestion..dump the boss subs and get the RF BD1000 or BD1500 having 2 of those subs wired in series then parallel to each other will give you a 2ohms loadand will  fully utilize the BD1500 being a class D amp  and all. or you can get the crossfire BMF1000D amplifiers.2 of this amplifiers(1 for each subs) and youill be breaking back windshields..lol.youll have to upgrade you alternator and wirings tho.what kind of a car is the system going into anyways?

im using the BD1000 for some years now and my speaker thumps like i have 4 10 inchers in my truck but really..i only have 1 solobaric L7  :)