duel hard drives

Guest helloimtim

Guest helloimtim

I am thinking about putting in a second hard drive. Im not sure if a second harddrive or  just putting 2 operating systems on the same hard drive is my best bet. Im new to duel booting. Im running xp home sp2. I would love imput on this please. Will 2 harddrives speed things up? Is it just as easy to put both operatiig systems on the same harddrive. I have an 80 gig with important files baced up to cd. I still have 90 percent of the 80 gig open for use. Once I decide my best bet I will have other questions. Thnak you all..........

hey Tim :)

I used to run dualboot with XP and win 98 on same hardrive and diffrent partitions, worked great for me

just install win 98 first and XP will fix the boot for you

i would run both OS on same hardrive and buy a extra HD for storage

what OS are you planning to run?

VanBuren :)

Guest helloimtim

Not sure yet. Think either 2000 pro and or 98se. That virtual pc looks diffrent? Never played with  that before. Can I run 98se on xp this way?. Any other tips would be cool. May have to check that out. Learn something new every day. Thank you all so very very much.................

If you want a speed increases with your two 80gb hdd then you should look into raid configurations. Raid 0 (Stripping) is basically when part of the file your saving is saved to each hardrive, so theoretically it should take about half as long. So you can combing the two 80gb and have one raid 0 fast 160 drive that you can install mulitiple operating systems on. So when you start up your computer you can choose between xp, 98, linux etc.