gmail drive

Cobra

okay, im trying to install the gmail drive shell extension thing that lets you use a gmail account like a storage system, but im having trouble installing it. i installed, then i restarted since nothing had happened, but still nada. any advice?

GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.

You can copy files to and from the GMail Drive folder simply by using drag'n'drop like you're used to with the normal Explorer folders.

Source: MajorGeeks.com

:D basically, it adds a drive to your computer. everything put in it is sent to your gmail account. applying filters is a good way to organize these messages. i for example, added a filter that sends all the emails straight to archive, but with a label and a star. think of it as a 2058 GB (currently) folder. this rules.

i dont know yet. im going to search the terms and conditions, but i would assume it is. i could do the exact same thing by attaching files to messages and emailing them to myself, so i dont see the harm. on a different site, though, they said that google hasnt done anything about it yet, but they might if they find out people are using this to store files that are illegal and other files that shouldnt be stored on their servers for liability purposes.

Prohibited Actions

In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in Section 3 of the Terms of Use, users may not:

Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email ("spam"). Such activity includes, but is not limited to

sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law

imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam

data mining any web property (including Google) to find email addresses

sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers

sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list

selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person's knowing and continued consent to such disclosure

sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship

Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content

Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature

Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like

Transmit content that may be harmful to minors

Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email

Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission

Use Gmail to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others

Promote or encourage illegal activity

Interfere with other Gmail users' enjoyment of the Service

Create multiple user accounts in connection with any violation of the Agreement or create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses

Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any Gmail account

Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Gmail Service

Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Gmail Service

Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Gmail Service

Use the Gmail Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing

I read through it and didnt see anything about it :)

I read through it and didnt see anything about it :)

Prohibited Actions

In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in Section 3 of the Terms of Use, users may not:

Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email ("spam"). Such activity includes, but is not limited to

sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law

imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam

data mining any web property (including Google) to find email addresses

sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers

sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list

selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person's knowing and continued consent to such disclosure

sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship

Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content

Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature

Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like

Transmit content that may be harmful to minors

Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email

Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission

Use Gmail to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others

Promote or encourage illegal activity

Interfere with other Gmail users' enjoyment of the Service

Create multiple user accounts in connection with any violation of the Agreement or create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses

Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any Gmail account

Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Gmail Service

Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Gmail Service

Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Gmail Service

Use the Gmail Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing

Wouldn't using 3rd party software violate the agreement? See highlighted in red section. Specifically "modify".