• Mozilla Suite
    • AOL
    • Netscape
    • Other

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a new Firefox for Mac (since a couple of hours ago), it's 1.5 beta 1 version. Looks ok, fast, and with new stuff, like the commands to open your mail apllication, to check mail or compose. Well, I'm just taking a tour with this new toy...

Hope all the probz are fixed in this version because its really a very good if not the best browser :)

best browser for the masses? ie. why? it's free, it comes preinstalled on most boxes, it's easy to use and there is no need for the average user to download stuff for it, fiddle with it etc. beyond the occasional check on ms.com for updates, which you can even have it do automatically. and last but not least it's the most compatible because it /is/ the standard.

best browser for the masses? ie. why? it's free, it comes preinstalled on most boxes, it's easy to use and there is no need for the average user to download stuff for it, fiddle with it etc. beyond the occasional check on ms.com for updates, which you can even have it do automatically. and last but not least it's the most compatible because it /is/ the standard.

What if you don't use Windows? Oh, wait a sec, then no IE for you! Then there's us "high-tech" types who like something other than bloatware.

There's a new Firefox for Mac (since a couple of hours ago), it's 1.5 beta 1 version. Looks ok, fast, and with new stuff, like the commands to open your mail apllication, to check mail or compose. Well, I'm just taking a tour with this new toy...

I was taking a look into that and seems to have a few bugs in it still. If anyone is interested here is the link: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/.

TheHalf

Since yesterday I'm testing Firefox 1.5 beta 1 version. No major bugs until now.

I've got Safari, Firefox, IE and Opera, that order is the way I use them. Some great add to Firefox look is Firefoxy.

One thing I'm not so happy about is the "location bar". I like the "autofill" in the location bar, like Safari or IE, just type a few letters and you've got the information from your Favorites right there. Yes, there's Keyword in Firefox, but it's not a great thing. But I will like to know if someone can share some tips about Keywords or other method to work with the location bar.