• AOL
    • Netscape
    • Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will see whan IE7 comes out how much tabbed browsing plays into the equation..  I personally love FF.. IE is great for the microsoft site and that is about it..  I have found the FF doesnt really like the microsoft site at all.. infact I am wondering if the clan over at microsoft made it that way just to piss people off and make them use the damn thing..

I am some what interested in IE7 just to see what it will bring to the table and what effect it has on the market..  I dont know if I will switch due to the "security" issues that have troubled microsoft in the past..

Guest Pacers Fan

I've been using both Opera and Firefox for a while, so I think I have a good understanding of both. You can download thousands of add-ons with Firefox. Many things that Opera has over Firefox you can just find in an extension. Firefox takes a longer time to open and is more prone to freezing, although Opera freezes more often for 2-3 seconds. I tested how many http://basketballboards.net tabs I could open before the browser froze. I got 22 with Firefox and 37 with Opera. Opera loads pages and downloads faster (tested here and by stop watch), but has many more glitches. The main reason I use Opera more than Firefox is pop-ups. I've been getting a few recently, but nothing major. In Opera, all ads are displayed (Firefox has an ad-block add-on) including the annoying moving ones which sit in the center of the page. You're restricted more in Opera and can find hundreds of annoying things, but the bottom line is that it's faster and more secure than Firefox.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i keep hearing people say firefox is slowing them down

my experience however has been that ff is much faster than ie

on the other when i switched to ff the pc i was running was being

shared with 2 others one of which has a tendency to fuck up computers

by allowing and falling for all kinds of malware and viruses and ect.