Sign in to follow this  
djvbchan

Computer Locks Up

yeah its old. how do i determine the mhz of RAM to get to matchup with my processor and motherboard and how can you tell the maximum gigs of ram your computer can take? i know FSB from your processor has something to do with the mhz but i need clear answers. thanks

unless your ram is defective its not your ram... most likly cause would be overheating or bad hardware... or chip creep but that usually doesn't fix it self in most cases. Do you leave your computer on all the time?

you can look up how much it can take here: http://www.crucial.com/

select the manufacturor, and go from there. pretty easy, though my exact model didn't show up, it had the one below it, so I figured out that mine is able to take like 4 gigs. I'm almost sure that you upgraded to XP fomr an older windows, right?  ;) that may be your problem if so. yeah like peepnklown said, xp needs more than 256 mb/ram to run smooth. I only have 512, but compared to my old hp (128mb/ram), it really makes a difference. :lol:

What kinda pc are you thinking of upgrading to? If your not sure, I'm sure some of the guys at this place would be happy to help you pick!  :):haha:

tell me if that helps please

indestructable

Had the same problem once!  On my machine it was the memory loosing connection. :angry5: My other computer had a bad partition and that made it do the same thing.  Not sure on my end.

OF COURSE YOU CAN ALWAYS BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry5:

ps I LOVE SPELL CHECK

Sign in to follow this