Computer Locks Up

djvbchan

yeah its old. how do i determine the mhz of RAM to get to matchup with my processor and motherboard and how can you tell the maximum gigs of ram your computer can take? i know FSB from your processor has something to do with the mhz but i need clear answers. thanks

you can look up how much it can take here: http://www.crucial.com/

select the manufacturor, and go from there. pretty easy, though my exact model didn't show up, it had the one below it, so I figured out that mine is able to take like 4 gigs. I'm almost sure that you upgraded to XP fomr an older windows, right?  ;) that may be your problem if so. yeah like peepnklown said, xp needs more than 256 mb/ram to run smooth. I only have 512, but compared to my old hp (128mb/ram), it really makes a difference. :lol:

What kinda pc are you thinking of upgrading to? If your not sure, I'm sure some of the guys at this place would be happy to help you pick!  :):haha:

tell me if that helps please

indestructable

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem once!  On my machine it was the memory loosing connection. :angry5: My other computer had a bad partition and that made it do the same thing.  Not sure on my end.

OF COURSE YOU CAN ALWAYS BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry5:

ps I LOVE SPELL CHECK