Help

incognito

i think im having probs ATI, which i believe is my video card program... going from c-s (half-life) to the desktop it comes up with an error and now the colour/sharpness of everything has changed...

also this is a newish computer (just bought in january)

i would like some recommendations on how to keep it up to scratch as i dont wish to have problems with it

i am such a newbie at computers... that if you need info off me you'll have to explain how i get that...

i also wanna know how i can get a view of all my processors running so i can post that to show if anything is wrong with it...

thanks

i think im having probs ATI, which i believe is my video card program... going from c-s (half-life) to the desktop it comes up with an error and now the colour/sharpness of everything has changed...

also this is a newish computer (just bought in january)

i would like some recommendations on how to keep it up to scratch as i dont wish to have problems with it

i am such a newbie at computers... that if you need info off me you'll have to explain how i get that...

i also wanna know how i can get a view of all my processors running so i can post that to show if anything is wrong with it...

thanks

i had the same problem with my integrated video card back some time. The video card may just be outdated, and game > desktop> game my be too much stress for it. (sounds dumb, but it is stressful)

Check what kind of video card your currently running.  You can do this by going to start > run > type dxdiag > then click the "display " tab.  Also, on the main tab of the 'dxdiag' youll see your processor and ram info. Post that as well so we can further help as much as we can :)

I have had similar problems, also when booting up... When it happens, turn off your monitor and turn it back on, that has fixed it every time so far....

also, i have a 128MB 16x AGP card, so the card being outdated isnt a problem...