FIOS now available in 39 MA cities/towns

netmasta

As you can tell by my previous message FIOS isn't in my town yet, but I was wondering. How far does the fiber go? Pole, house, modem? And do you buy or rent the modem? Thanks ahead for answers.

P.S.: Since I heard about it being so close by, you will see me on this board (FIOS)  more often. :D

the only control you have is over the router just like any other router you buy and throw oin a connection. the ONT is limited you only have access to the lines 1-4 and the data port which are physically at the ONT you dont have any other access interface wise...everything else regarding the connection and what is on our end.

and the ports that i know that they block for now is 80 i believe for now that's it but dont quote me.

• 1 month later...

<a href="http://www.vfibercenter.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=32&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0">Fiber for 3 Additional Massachusetts Communities</a>

BOSTON - Verizon customers in three additional Massachusetts communities now can experience breathtaking high-speed Internet access as the company begins to offer its Verizon FiOSsm (FYE'-ose) Internet Service to homes here.

Verizon is rolling out the industry's premier consumer broadband services to customers in Lexington, Natick and Winchester. The company is offering three tiers of service with downstream (download) speeds of up to 5, 15 and 30 Mbps (megabits per second).

:mad: They keep moving into the "better-off" towns first.