PSP - how do you download music?

matsudabunch

HI Kristen,welcome to the site hope you like it. What you do is make sure you have a memory stick in the psp and connect it to your pc with a usb. Then it should show up like a drive under my computer just move the mp3 songs on your pc to the new drive. :D

Thanks.

We finally figured it out.

I have just sent back my PSP to Sony for an exchange because many of the games we have no longer will play.

Maybe you would know.... When we were in USB mode and trying to upload to the PSP, the machine would show we were transferring files, but when we would review the Music folder, no songs were displayed. Of course, becasue they were not mp3 files. However, our memory was being used up as if the transfer was successful. Any ideas??

Even though you may not see the file in your PSP under those media types, that doesn't mean it's not on the PSP, it just means the PSP doesn't recognize it and cannot display it as a file. You still have those on your Memory, and you can even check the mem stick w/ your computer(mine is usually F drive) and see that your computer will recognize those files even though they do not appear under the PSP menus. Just make sure that you do not put a file format that cannot be used on the memory stick, and if you do, delete it to save yourself some space.

As for the MP3s, make sure you have them in the right folder on your PSP. Some USB cables for the PSP come w/ software for the to copy files to the system(unless you just bought a Mini B stand-alone) and that software usually puts it in the right place, however you may want to check to make sure that all your music is going under the PSP's music folder. You can of couse manually put your files on the mem stick by simply clicking on the drive as it appears under windows and using copy/cut and paste commands.