comcast running a little slower?

schulte

i've got the comcast cable "uuber-fast", which is supposed to be 4.0+Mb/s down and 384Kb/s up.  i have a motorola surfboard 5100 modem that i bought off newegg.com and replaced my old RCA modem with.  i have a linksys BEFSX41 cable/dsl router/firewall, with a cicso catalyst 5500 10/100 switch for my home LAN.  im doing bandwidth tests and constantly getting around 2600Kb/s, usually never more than 3000Kb/s.  the box im testing from has an almost-new install of XP with SP1, no SP2 installed; it has antivirus installed, ive recently run spybot and adaware.  i have no "tweaks" installd as of now.  its a pretty new system, P4 3.2Ghz, 2.0Gb PC4400 memory, 800Mhz fsb, etc, with an onboard 10/100/1000NIC with the latest drivers.  almost any machine on my network retursn the same results, around 2600Kb/s.  i reboot my router/modem/swithc and i get the same results.  the speed's been like this forever, its never gotten slower or faster

any ideas?