Help Needed. Urgent

2smart4u

ok i was using my computer when i was downloading a program, i tried to open it, but it never did, so then all of a suddent my antivirus starts going off, saying would you like to install this, which is a severe risk hazerd, and i put remove. then sfter a while i restarted my computer, and i ran a scan for spyware, and it found a lot, you would think that it deleted them, NOPE pop ups began to pop up. i dont knw what to do, one virus is called shopathome and the other one is called classified 47 something, im not sure. any programs that will delete that sucker.

this is a list of programs that i have used to delete the virus or spyware:

norton internet security

spykiller

noadware

bugdoctor

ccleaner

scan software

microsoft anitvirus

adware personal

You can try Ad-Aware. www.lavasoft.com

Do a scan in safe mode, there are some things that you just can't remove in fully loaded windows. Also, some of them are just programs that you can uninstall from the Ad/Remove programs list.

-REH

You need to scan in safe mode, or you can note the directories, and filenames of the spyware, and delete them from command prompt. Absolute worst case scenario, back up all your important files, and format and reinstall windows.

-REH

Hey:

Webroots spyware is what i use,  it lists both of those so i suspect it would solve your problem.  Just fyi,  I've used ad-aware and it works good,  but some of  the stuff it can do is not in the free rev.  Both webrrot and adaware are well rated,  but I like wr a little better after using both.

Lance

Hey:

www.webroot.com

Thats where you will find spysweeper.  I think it's risk free money back or free trial,  something like that.

No need to run in safe mode with this.  Spy programs almost never show up in add/remove programs,  thats the whole point.  :)    Personally I run three programs to keep myself clean and running fast.  A spy sweeper, and window washer and a popup blocker. 

I've seen them mess up systems pretty good,  but if your still surfing we should be able to kill it without a rebuild.  GL and let us know how it comes out.

Lance

ok i tried all of that, and guess what when i did the scan in  safe mode it detected nothing, so i just restarted it and a lot of popups came out, and i did a scan and it found like 5

one was:

shopathome

popup searches

trojan/combo

aurora

and the other one was a tracking cookie

no it didnt work, i still get popups and my computer is driving my nuts, i feel like throwing it away. and i dont wanna format my pc either. i tried xoftspy and so far it took some out that other adware didnt detect, but there is something funny happening, while its scannin the cpu is at 100% and then after like 2 min it shuts down, and before it shuts down the fan goes wild its loud. i dont knw what wrong.

Some spyware set themselves up to reinstall after a good cleaning.  You can start by disabling System Restore then download HijackThis.  Run it, save the results in a txt file and attach them to your post.  This program shows, in essence, what programs, dlls, etc. load when you start your computer.  It gives you the opportunity to delete entries for spyware that do this sort of thing. 

Mr. Dude : I don't have XP I have ME.I had a simular problem but I only had 2 viruses my anti-avius program wouldn't remove in regular mode.I went to their forum & got the instructions that I am giving you.My anti-virus is AVG but I don't see why this wouldn't work withanother av program.First you need two programs(freeware) you can download they are Stinger &CW Shredder.then start your system in safe mode.All this will be done in safe mode.Run your AV let it clean what it can,run CW Shredder,Run Stinger,then run your anti spyware program clean what it finds.Restart your PC to normal

mode run your AV program to see if it finds any more viruses .In my case this cleaned them out.Maybe this would work for you.If not you could try AVG anti-virus program & follow the instructions again.

ok on one pop its called aurora, here is the website they tell me to go to uninstall it, can some one check it out and see if the steps are safe, so i dont accidently mess up my pc, the web site is www.MyPCTuneup.com/aurora

here is a copy of the pop up were it says Click here to uninstall