For those of you who have not signed a DirecWay contract

fikester

Things I found out that were included with my DW6000:

*latency.....at times I see pings over 3000ms (forget good gaming fun)

*slow upload speeds at times 0-2Kbps (this means slower a good dial up connection)

*at times variable download speeds

*DirecWay guarantees no speed or even a connection at all (read the fine print)

*weather at your site and Germantown, MD (NOC)

What does tech support say about these Blazing speeds.....

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 6 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 1 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Wed Apr 20 18:36:05 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 0X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 1024 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 14.29 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KQTIPVEM4

they call it internet congestion and say the results are incorrect....these are Broadband speeds out of this world. DirecWay a legend in its own world.

One funny thing about "commercials show instant page loads.....myself have never seen that here on my system"..

I saw that commercial where the web page loads quick during their demo - if you look close, at the top of the IE window in the banner it gives the page name, followed by the words "Working offline" - of course it loads fast! a cached page works great if you don't have to download it over the Internet first!  :haha:

I don't know what you guys expect out of DW. I finally got mine installed about a month ago and it is running as followed on a consistant basis.

I have had dial up since 1992, and I moved out to the sticks (as most of you that use DW are in). Sure I am getting my a-hole streched and getting it on good but this is what I expected. High fees, not good for gaming, shifts in weather, etc...

SURE BEATS DIAL UP! Then again I use to download 2 days on dial up just to get a 300MB file. Now I can do it over night and come home from work the next day and it is all normal and file is done. I don't let it FAP i setup my download managers to push it right to the limit. Anyways, my whole point is to expect what your are getting before you get it! I studied it for months before I made the leap and thought of all the goods and bads.

I know some of you want to download as much as you can and all you can, the FAP does suck but I signed on knowing it, just because I couldn't take the fact that I had to wait 5 MINUTES to get a 2MB file on dialup. I did the math, I download many more small files than really large ones. Anyways, good luck taken the ream for the next 15 months and may the DSL god shine on us all someday! Til then I am stuck on DW over dialup.....

PS it is raining pretty good here during these test. Signal strenght of 48. On a DW6000 model.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 864 Kbps about 0.9 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 105 kB/s

Test Time:: Wed Apr 20 18:38:34 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 15X faster than 56K 1MB download in 9.75 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 10.91 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CZYSMJ2WL

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 33 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Test Time:: Wed Apr 20 18:46:23 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 256 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 78.57 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

I don't know what you guys expect out of DW.

To provide "Blazing Speeds", "Broadband out of this world" like they show advertisements about or recall the equipment, or offer refunds to those who have major complaints. The system is much more able than they allows us to run......its all about overloading and greed. Mo money less quality.

Maybe the fuel companys should hitch on to the "up to" lingo.....maybe get a per gallon price, but if the pumps are busy less gallons. Of course you would still pay full price regardless of how many gallons you were shorted. How long would that last?

Not sure why this issue is not taken care of by the government or the state laws......seems to be no regulations or concerns