Has any experienced the so called DNS server problem?

Im in PA and I have the same problem, at first I thought it was my router going bad, Im normally only on the computer the times that its running slow, last night I took off my router and hooked it into my computer direct and rebooted and it ran normal so I thought, comcast must have just works out at that time, so today I ran and got a new router and what a waste of money I was thinking my router was taking a  crap on me with what happened and it ends up its comcast being gay, if this keeps up to much longer I hate to do it but ill switch to someone else even if it is slower, I just ran a test adn Im only getting like 300 Kbps, I can go to DSL and get 3000 now, and Im paying 60 a month for the 6 MB service right now.

Restarting the modem has no affect, even comcast tells you not too do it.  They claim its a DNS server problem but I was thinking upgrades since it's the exact same time when it does happen.  The thing that gets me is why lie about it.  Comcast has lousy customer service and they just keep getting worse.  If they would just say they are upgrading that would be great, but to say that there is a DNS server problem every time this happens makes them look incompetent and will drive customers away.

As for the 6Mbps package, at least here it is 60 as well, the 4Mbps package is 50.

ok but restarting the modem is no harm. but ok i take it as everything is fine. no software problems and no nothing in ur computer but then there will be a problem in connection. see http://www.testmy.net/topic-4410 . they sometimes i donno it might be many times the people whoever walks in for setting up has no background info about all this stuff and they just install the connection. so not sure maybe ur connection is one of most other prople in here who faces problem due to incorrect connection which creates disturbance hence lack of clearity in signal

i never get any  DNS problem, why u all getting it? and if its problem in DNS server ask a new server address and go to network connection> ur lan card properties>click on internet protocol (tcp/ip)>click properties button and select "use the selected dns server". now enter wotever DNS address u kno and thats all. restart. check. and post teh result

Had the same problem here in North Florida as well.  The reason the IM's and VON programs work is due to that port on the comcast net not being effected by the outage (upgrading).  I was talking on Team SPeak and my friends in south florida, TX, MN, IL, NC, SC, and CA all had the same problem and at the same time.  WE could talk but not read e-mail, surf, or play games. That was a week or so ago.  All seems fine now.