just a suggestion :)

VanBuren

I think the test would be more accurate if the filesize was bigger for higher pings. The current test size is good and works great for most ppl (a guess ping less then 100), i just wish some overseas ppl can show off here too hehehe :)

I also think the upload test would be more accurate for ppl in US with fiberoptics.

I would like to see a test file size of maximal 3 MB both upload and download.

If it was built in a script that 0.5MB test has to be for ex 10% worce then the 1MB test to be able to move to 3 MB testsize. That way guys with low bandwith would never has to upload/download a filesize of 3 MB.

My upload here is way too low around 500Kbps/s and my download is around 3 Mbps (with a ping of 150ms).

The download filesize is bigger and that way give me a better score, i understand the upload size is low cos not many ppl using fiberoptics like me.

I also test against www.dslreports.com NY server, its a 120 ms ping to me and i score around 6 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up.

They using a testsize of 3 MB both up and down.

http://www.dslreports.com/archive/bredbandsbolaget.se

Does anything of what im trying to say make sense?

VanBuren :)

I think the test would be more accurate if the filesize was bigger for higher pings. The current test size is good and works great for most ppl (a guess ping less then 100), i just wish some overseas ppl can show off here too hehehe :)

I also think the upload test would be more accurate for ppl in US with fiberoptics.

I would like to see a test file size of maximal 3 MB both upload and download.

If it was built in a script that 0.5MB test has to be for ex 10% worce then the 1MB test to be able to move to 3 MB testsize. That way guys with low bandwith would never has to upload/download a filesize of 3 MB.

My upload here is way too low around 500Kbps/s and my download is around 3 Mbps (with a ping of 150ms).

The download filesize is bigger and that way give me a better score, i understand the upload size is low cos not many ppl using fiberoptics like me.

I also test against www.dslreports.com NY server, its a 120 ms ping to me and i score around 6 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up.

They using a testsize of 3 MB both up and down.

http://www.dslreports.com/archive/bredbandsbolaget.se

Does anything of what im trying to say make sense?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to take so long to get to this post.. I didn't notice it till now.

The test size in relation to ping does not matter ~~ the reason you get lower scores overseas is because of internetional pipeline congestion and the amount of hops ~~ all I would be doing by upping the size for overseas people would be sending them more data that is still going to go slow.

If anyone has a nice overseas server that they wouldn't mind hookin' TestMy.net up with some bandwidth on that would be awesome... but still no takers.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway Van :)

By the way.. you might get better on DSL Reports because the route is cleaner between you and their NY server ~~ unusual for me because my server usually runs an extreamly clean route almost anywhere... but for some reason your ISP has chosen a shitty path to my server :-/ -- I dunno

Sorry to take so long to get to this post.. I didn't notice it till now.

The test size in relation to ping does not matter ~~

hey CA3LE :)

Tnx for the reply, i agree to almost all you posted but

I disagree in the quote, all my testing against overseas servers show me that high amount of hops and high pingtime can with a bigger testfile decrease the impact of these variables and give a more accurate result.

If i test my downloadspeed with small testsize i my score is around 500kbps, if i choose the biggest i get around 3 Mbps.

Same goes with upload but i cant get more then around 1.5 Mbps with 500 Kb testsize.