How to download files from "second" computer via wireless network

Tekunda

I admit I take a little pride in succeeding having having built my first wireless network. I must admit though that the great products of Belkin (a Belkin pre-n router and pre- n network card)  played an important role in achieving my goal without any problems whatsoever. I got it up an running within 10 minutes.

My pride is diminished though by the fact that I have to admit that I have no clue how to access my second computer via my network to download some files. Can someone educate me here a little bit?  All I need is to access my second computer's hard drive an copy some files to my "main" machine.

first try to open the network connections folder and click "Set up a home or small office network" and go through the wizard on each computer, if that doesnt set it up right, we can do it manually

I admit I take a little pride in succeeding having having built my first wireless network.

OK, So do you really have the network set up?

If so, Click on "My Network Places" on the Desktop, then select "View Workgroup Computers" and see what happens.  If the names of the other computers appear in a list [might take a few seconds], you should be able to click on the name of each computer and access it's files.

That is IF you set any of the files for "Sharing"

You should also be able to get to them via "Windows Explorer", then scroll down to

"My Network Places" on the left column.