how big is it

sticks

i dont think i agree with you DaveMan... do you have some proof of that?

bigger size would most likely increase your signal strength and keep it higher even during storms... which i suppose could increase your speed some... or at least prevent it from decreasing as much...

I would also have to say since a home account is a .74m and the more expensive account gets a .98m...... bigger must be better. Would also seem to think a .98m would get better signal and hold a higher signal in inclement weather better than a smaller dish.

Could not have said that better.  Bigger dish equals more consistent signal.  Really helps with weather and sun related variants.  Does not necessarily give you better speed unless you have very poor reception now, and have re-transmits and receive locking errors.  If your  operation is steady now, you won't  see higher speed, just better reliability.

Jim P

i dont think i agree with you DaveMan... do you have some proof of that?

bigger size would most likely increase your signal strength and keep it higher even during storms... which i suppose could increase your speed some... or at least prevent it from decreasing as much...

I said that because my freind used to have sattilite internet and from experience he has switched dishes, and when he got a smaller dish his speeds increased.

so if 3 feet is about 1 meter and my dish is a liitle bigger than 3 feet then i have a .98 meter dish? I dont have a bussiness account so i guess thats good. Never lost signal in west texas wind or in rain either. I remember the guy that put out my dish up saying i had a better dish than his. :D

so if 3 feet is about 1 meter and my dish is a liitle bigger than 3 feet then i have a .98 meter dish? I dont have a bussiness account so i guess thats good. Never lost signal in west texas wind or in rain either. I remember the guy that put out my dish up saying i had a better dish than his. :D

But it still isn't any faster is it.... :evil1:

no  :cry: i never said it was was just curious on the dish. always constant speeds

Connection is:: 995 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 121 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (main)

Test Time:: Thu Apr 21 00:54:26 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 18X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.46 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 27.56 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-H06OXEMYV

Hey all: I don't know this or I wouldn't ask what about a big dish like a 10 foot dish? I know some people still use these for TV .How would they work for a satellite connection?

I should imagine it would work pretty well, but you would have a hard time lineing the sucker up I would think? most of them dishes have the LNB in the center of the dish, most smaller ones these days are ofset to the dish to get more gain in the center I beleive, so the azimuth would change right?

I don't know but the large type of dish has electronic adjustment to align the signal.I think the smaller ones are stationary once adjusted if they a like the small ones for TV.I am just trying to learn something about the satellite internet connection dishes.