I am ripping my hair out over this.... DSL with Wireless Router (Verizon 3M DSL)

QwertyWI

:icon_pale:HELP PLEASE!!! :icon_pale:

Hello all... I really need some professional advice, since the bufoons at Verizon Technical Support cannot help me...

I have been trying out Verizon's 3M DSL for about 5 days now.... I have a Westell Versalink 327W Modem/Router... When I am hardwired into the router I get speeds close to 2.8-2.8M.  However when I go wireless (802.11G) my speeds are only 1/2 that of the wired.  I have tried changing channels, I have unplugged all cordless phones but I cannot figure this out!  Verizon did confirm that I was actually getting close to 3.3M sent to my modem and it was all being received, so I know I have a rather clean signal... But my FRICKIN transmission wireless is only 50%.  My notebook is a Toshiba P25-S520 (3.0 Ghz with 512MB)..

I am really at a loss... What can I do to try and figure this out?  I am going try and connect a Wireless Access Point to the Router to see if it is the Versalinks onboard wireless that is the problem... If so Verizon WILL be getting a call.  Beyond that where should I start???

I have never used a modem router like yours but most routers are basicly alike

what is your signal quilty and strength?

also are you using wep? although wep wouldnt account for that much loss in speed

there should be a

Basic Rate setting and a TX Rate setting in the router check those if you havent already it really sounds like a signal problem though and a access point would fix that here are a couple of suppliers I use

www.streakwave.com

www.otcwireless.com

Good Luck

Actually it was wierd... when I left my TCP/IP settings at default I was running at 50%... But as soon as I applied any tweek that was geared toward DSL it shot right up... There must be something in my XP Default settings... BUT it didnt do it when I was hardwired.

Oh welll... Bizzaire