How to burn DVD's

ODBXXX

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

learn how to burn www.doom9.org

1. i use dvd decrypter (free download)  (saves movie to HDD)

2. i use dvd shrink 3.2 (free download) (compress movie to fit in single layer 4.7 GB dvd-r disk)

2.5 dvd shrink 3.2 needs to use nero to copy movie to dvd-r (once done IT WILL work in any dvd player, from my experience)

learn how to burn www.doom9.org

1. i use dvd decrypter (free download)  (saves movie to HDD)

2. i use dvd shrink 3.2 (free download) (compress movie to fit in single layer 4.7 GB dvd-r disk)

2.5 dvd shrink 3.2 needs to use nero to copy movie to dvd-r (once done IT WILL work in any dvd player, from my experience)

Couldnt have said it better myself. Very Nice Pit.

• 1 month later...

well guys im totally new when it comes to DVD burning and such - i have lots of .avi format movies and also .mpg movies that I would like to burn to a dvd disc - I have tried numerous programs but none of them convert the .avi format to a dvd format (mpeg2 i think) without messing up the quality and making it so bad its crazy....maybe i havent tried the right programs - so I would really appreciate anybody with some experience for a short writeup or few tips when converting and burning .avi formats to a dvd

thank u so much

disturbed- this is something I posted a month ago. If you nered more help post again or PM me. The program TMPGEnc can be used to splice together all kinds of video files. Check out the link below...tons of info at that site. Hope this helps.

B

Copying the vts_xxx.vob files from a dvd and trying to burn them to your own dvd won't work. You need to rip those files from the dvd . The ripper will disable any copy protection and strip the region info. After ripping the dvd, you can then play those files from your hard drive with say something like PowerDVD or a similar program. PowerDVD or similar players will allow you to generate a playlist of the VOB files so that the movie plays continuously from VOB to VOB thru to the end.

To burn (backup) a movie to your own blank DVD you'll then need to process those files and convert to *.mpg. This can be a MPEG-1 (free) or (better quality) MPEG-2 ( the software upgrade/plugin for this cost a few bucks, not much...20 to 30 dollars. The MPEG-2 file will produce a superior copy. If you do it right, indistinquishable from the original DVD.

The three programs pitbull481 suggests is a good choice. Easy to use. But if you want to shoot for high quality mpeg-2, plus have control

www.dvd-guides.com

I've been using this site for a while. It's a great resource for anything DVD.

But for your case here's the direct link: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/52/59/

That guide is for DivX/XviD files, but you still follow the same process even if it's not DivX or XviD. If you run into any problems, post here and let me know. I do a lot of *.avi to DVD.

im in process of converting this .avi to a mpeg2 file - i think the quality will be great (will tell the results) and im using a program called TMPGEnc - it seems good, the only downside to this is that it takes long long loooooooong time to decode an .avi file - its already doing it about 10 hours, got about same amount of time left :)