Who is the best of the best?

RaWDiZ

Iight... I've been trying to find out the best RWIN that works for me and so far I had no luck... So lately I've been going to Broadbandreports.com and doing tha tweaktest and It told me to lower my Rwin in the 5860 to 7260 range... But when I do the TCP/IP analyzer it says:Consider increasing your RWIN value to optimize TCP/IP for broadband... So who should I go with or should I go with someone else.

Depends on your average ping really. If you often download from high-ping, more than average packet loss servers, then I advise your RWIN to be low.

Otherwise there would be a whole lot of packets to be resend when things go wrong.

For good servers, turn the RWIN up a few notches. Speedy! :twisted:

I dont think you need to have a filter on the line that your modem is on... However if you use like a y adaptor, so that you can also have a telephone on the same line, you will then need a line filter... I am not positive on this because I have cable... My friend has sbc dsl and he doesnt have a filter on the modem line..

Alrighty... I pinged 4 sites that I go to the most which is... Tuscows.com,Download.com,Majorgeeks.com,and WINAMP... And When I pinged download.com I got 111ms,When I pinged Tuscows I got 101ms... But when I pinged Majorgeeks and Winamp I got:Request Timed Out.So what do I do about that :?

dont worry about winamp or major geeks... They have it set so that people cant ping them for some reason... Probally a DoS attack or something.. Even on the tracert it doesnt show the end server's ip... 101ms is a little high but that is ok depending on where you are... I am running about 60ms.... Run some other pings and then average them...

WWW.GBLX.COM is usually a decent ping:

Pinging wwwgblx.web.globalcrossing.COM [64.211.77.61] with 32 bytes of data:

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 47ms, Average = 39ms

using the max RWIN

GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize="256960"

-JxL

again it depends on where you are and the network load at the time... Dont disappointed if you are slower than some of use right now... We are going to be slower that you to other sites....

here is my stats for gblx.com

Ping statistics for 207.218.55.251:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 40ms, Average = 31ms

But on tha real though... U think this might be for real?... Because Alot of tha times I would get 226 and when I re-test I would get 223 and every time I re-test I would keep getting 223... But this is tha highest I've got...

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 231 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 KB)

Download Speed is:: 28 KB/sec

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 4 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 36.57 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=V6CCJRWXL :D:D