Comcast problems with router

Am I the only person in the world who has this problem?

I got Comcast installed on a Tuesday, and it was working fine.  The next day, I bought a Linksys router.  I set it up and it appeared to be working properly, but a day or so later, I lost the ability to surf the Internet, and whenever I opened up a browser, it brought be to a website that told me a have to install Comcast software.  If I remove the router, a lot of the time it'll start working again in a little bit, but when I reconnect the router, I have the same problem a little later.  Any else have this problem?  Or know of or have ideas on a potential solution?

Is it possible I just have a bad router?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will need to set the router to automatic configuration and also clone your computer's NIC MAC address. Go to www.linksys.com and look at their FAQ. Do a search for "how do I set up a router with a dynamic IP address" and you will find all the info there

If your OS is XP, you can use their automatic configuration: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1650&p_created=1092692694&p_sid=W9m-VyDh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xMTQyJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1

You will need to set the router to automatic configuration and also clone your computer's NIC MAC address. Go to www.linksys.com and look at their FAQ. Do a search for "how do I set up a router with a dynamic IP address" and you will find all the info there

If your OS is XP, you can use their automatic configuration: http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1650&p_created=1092692694&p_sid=W9m-VyDh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xMTQyJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Do what bwt1953 says.

The reason you get that message is because Comcast allows you to only have 1 computer/MAC address (your network card's hardware address) per account. If you still have problems, connect your router, then call Comcast and they can "activate" that MAC address on your account.

Thanks for your help guys!  Though, it didn't work as I had hoped.  I got to that segment of Linksys' FAQ, and there is a point where you're supposed to go to http://192.168.1.1/ and "By default there is no user name and the password is "admin"."  Howevever... I type that in, and it doesn't log you in.  So then I went to run the automatic setup, which verified that I had a router, then had me quit because it didn't have wireless capabilities, even though nothing had said that the program requires wireless, and there is nothing else I can do through Linksys' automatic setup.  Any thoughts?  ;)

You need to get into your router to remedy your problem. You'll have to reset the router, there's a reset button on the back, hold that for four seconds. That will reset the password to default and you'll be able to get into it to set it up with the auto config utility.